PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Shows

livejamz
2006-07-02, 07:17 AM
I am trying to upload some new shows for everyone that I have been working on for a long time. I have a couple questions:

It ask fothe fingerprint or checksum where do I get that from?

The text area is that where I type the setlist ,etc?

What if I dont know the setlist, is that ok?

Mark

U2Lynne
2006-07-02, 10:22 AM
Before you make the torrent file, you want to make fingerprints or checksums. If you have flac files, you will make fingerprints. If you have shn files, you will make checksums. If you let us know what application you use for decoding those types of files, then we can help you with making the fingerprints/checksums. (If you use Traders Little Helper, I think there is a thread in here on how to do this with that application.)

Yes, you would put the setlist in the text area. Basically, you can just copy/paste your text file into that area. If you don't know the setlist, then just say so and usually someone in the thread will help you out with it and then you can edit your first post to include it.

AAR.oner
2006-07-02, 10:31 AM
You'll need to create a checksum for the flac files that you've made [or for the Video_TS folder if its a DVD]...for flac files you can create either a flacfingerprint (ffp) or a shntool md5 (.st5)--personally, i prefer st5 checksums, but both are acceptable here at TTD...

if yer on a PC, i'd recommend using Trader's Little Helper [ http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/ ]
for Mac, get xACT [ http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21952 ]

as for the text file--you will need to include the basic info [band, date, venue, etc], as detailed of a lineage as possible [recording equipment, transfer method, etc], a setlist if you can figure it out, and any notes you want to include

AAR.oner
2006-07-02, 10:32 AM
you *always* beat me to it! guess i should refresh before posting :lol

U2Lynne
2006-07-02, 10:34 AM
hehe. Well, I'm really quick when I'm drinking my coffee! :coffee:

livejamz
2006-07-03, 07:40 AM
Thanks I am going to try it now.

Mark