PDA

View Full Version : Too Tight, Too Loose, Just right?

DeepElem
2005-01-06, 08:56 PM
Should there be exceptions on seeding:

This is just, for us , the users, I'm all for fredom of choice, but I know you have to have rules, but what do the seeders and all users think'
I'm just curious, I know I'm Tore Up, (being a very, very bad boy todnight), but is it just me, or do you guys think, there should be exceptions to the Source=Unknow, cause I'm not lieing and making it read, Source= msr >Cass (1st gen) > CDwav > Shntool for flac.
I just ain't lieing. If I know it, I'll update the text, as I do anytime I fix sbe's, anything, that I do, but I won't change it if I do not know it to be true, I will put UnKnow, then it's the choice of the d/l to trust me and use bandwidth or to pass.
But then, 5 years from now when someone that meet say, Fuck, I've give me first born son to have X show, they can't think back and say, Oh Man, If only the rules wouldn't of been so touch, I can burn you one as we listen to the mother fucker, and Be Bad Boys;)
Oh well, I warned you I was Tore Up, whew doggy..
Charlie :wave:

wazoo2u
2005-01-06, 09:08 PM
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Spelunker
2005-01-06, 09:12 PM
Only people banned from edj, (past or preset) have any bizz on this site period.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I agree that forcing people to lie isn't a good thing.

The Wicker Man
2005-01-06, 09:16 PM
Only people banned from edj, (past or preset) have any bizz on this site period.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I agree that forcing people to lie isn't a good thing.

I don't think anyone is forced to lie, just a matter of moral character "...will you (not you spe) lie?"

DeepElem
2005-01-06, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=Spelunker]Only people banned from edj, (past or preset) have any bizz on this site period.

Hey, I forgot to tell you, that post I sent you, was deleted, i posted it a 2nd time, it too was deleted,,,of course user names banned too.

SIBLY
2005-01-06, 09:21 PM
I know people banned form EDJ, does that help? :wave:

I like the rules, better too tight than too loose. Then I don't need to fret about quality, like ezt sometimes. But, if is not too much a chore, the mods might do a case-by-case exception thing. Hell, maybe they already do.

I'll shutup now. :rolleyes:

Jasta_II
2005-01-06, 09:27 PM
Damn, I thought this was going to be a tribute to Led Zeppelin thread :hmm:

The Wicker Man
2005-01-06, 09:29 PM

It still can be.

Five
2005-01-06, 09:39 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, too! :lol :clap:

Everyone let us know what you think about this, our #1 objective is to keep all seeds on TTD as high-quality as possible.

Spelunker
2005-01-06, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Spelunker]Only people banned from edj, (past or preset) have any bizz on this site period.

Hey, I forgot to tell you, that post I sent you, was deleted, i posted it a 2nd time, it too was deleted,,,of course user names banned too.

It's still there, Charlie.

Hippycat
2005-01-06, 09:47 PM
I like 'em tight. :D

TVHeadAssPhuck
2005-01-06, 09:54 PM
I'm fine with everyone except the no CD-R rule. That one rules out about 75% of my shows and recordings.

dorrcoq
2005-01-06, 10:01 PM
I know a guy who begged to be banned from EDJ, then went back and posted "you can't ban me without my permission, I'll keep coming back with a new name" bullshit :hmm: :wtf:

Spelunker
2005-01-06, 10:03 PM
I know a guy who begged to be banned from EDJ, then went back and posted "you can't ban me without my permission, I'll keep coming back with a new name" bullshit :hmm: :wtf:

I think he wanted his his name deleted from the board so no one could look him up and ask him if he was a mod on that site.

undeath
2005-01-06, 10:06 PM
Why didn't anyone think this would be a dirty thread? I certainly did... :(

HerrProctor
2005-01-06, 10:12 PM
actually yes, i did.

Presence
2005-01-06, 10:16 PM
Everyone let us know what you think about this, our #1 objective is to keep all seeds on TTD as high-quality as possible.

A proper discussion of this is more suited to the Site Suggestions section than here.

U2Lynne
2005-01-06, 10:25 PM
Actually TV, the rule is no CDR, not no CDR(x) (unknown generation CDR, but it has the (x) there to indicate it is unknown). We want you to specify that it is an unknown generation CDR. And, we are pretty lose on the CDR(x) for older shows since we realize that you just don't know the generation of these CDRs and it is very unlikely that anyone can chase down a CDR(M) or CDR (1). I posted a Notice about this in Technobabble just the other day. We are going to be a lot less tolerant if someone tries to post a CDR(x) of a show from just last year (or, really, the last several years since people have been doing lossless and keeping track of this sort of thing).

Anyway, I just got off track. Charlie, this is a fine post and I am interested to hear what people think. I just had someone get very upset with me today about his XM radio sourced show being pulled yesterday. I was torn over that since I know the guy and know he is a serious trader.

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions - hmmm, someone made the suggestion as I was writing this post.)

slomo
2005-01-06, 10:25 PM
If it sounds good to me, good enough. If I see a copy of a show that I already have circulating with better/clearer/more exact lineage, then I dump the old one from the archive and replace it. But I agree that rules are rules and I respect that. :blahblah:

The Wicker Man
2005-01-06, 10:27 PM
Actually TV, the rule is no CDR, not no CDR(x) (unknown generation CDR, but it has the (x) there to indicate it is unknown). We want you to specify that it is an unknown generation CDR. And, we are pretty lose on the CDR(x) for older shows since we realize that you just don't know the generation of these CDRs and it is very unlikely that anyone can chase down a CDR(M) or CDR (1). I posted a Notice about this in Technobabble just the other day. We are going to be a lot less tolerant if someone tries to post a CDR(x) of a show from just last year (or, really, the last several years since people have been doing lossless and keeping track of this sort of thing).

Anyway, I just got off track. Charlie, this is a fine post and I am interested to hear what people think. I just had someone get very upset with me today about his XM radio sourced show being pulled yesterday. I was torn over that since I know the guy and know he is a serious trader.

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions)

Isn't XM a paid service and copyrighted material?

TVHeadAssPhuck
2005-01-06, 10:41 PM

:thumbsup good to know

Rider
2005-01-06, 11:14 PM

Yep and it's also basically a 192kb straming MP3. I'm sure it's not actually mp3 and it some kind of codec that they own, but that's basically what you can compare it to.

WTSHNN
2005-01-06, 11:15 PM

It is a pay service, but this would be the same thing as recording something off of the radio or tv and then sharing it here.
We have FM sourced stuff which is obviously copyrighted, and then there are proshot DVDs shared here that were captured off TV which are also copyrighted.
So essentially it really doesn't matter that it's a pay service.
Tim
who has two XM accounts and will be getting a Sirius account by the end of January....

Rider
2005-01-06, 11:28 PM
It is a pay service, but this would be the same thing as recording something off of the radio or tv and then sharing it here.
We have FM sourced stuff which is obviously copyrighted, and then there are proshot DVDs shared here that were captured off TV which are also copyrighted.
So essentially it really doesn't matter that it's a pay service.
Tim
who has two XM accounts and will be getting a Sirius account by the end of January....

The user of FM has no contract with the radio station. When you subscribe to XM you sign a contract that forbids you from sharing stuff. So it is in no way anything like FM.

c) Use Limitations.

You may not reproduce, rebroadcast, or otherwise transmit the programming, create unauthorized recordings of the programming, charge admission specifically for the purpose of listening to the programming, or distribute play lists of the Online Service. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 7, we or any of our programming partners may prosecute violations of the foregoing against you and other responsible parties in any court of competent jurisdiction, under the rules and regulations of the FCC, and other applicable laws. Subscription to the Online Service does not grant you the right to use any of XM's or our partners' trademarks. You also may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules, limitations, or security measures embedded into the Online Service. Only one concurrent login is permitted at any one time. You may login to the Online Service from any compatible web device, but not from more than one Web Device (as defined below) at any one time. XM will hold you fully liable for all claims and losses resulting from your use or misuse of the Online Service.

Your not even allowed to give out a play list.

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 12:20 AM

So, speak up.

(And, I'm going to do a redirect of this thread to Site Suggestions - hmmm, someone made the suggestion as I was writing this post.)

Well, when I posted that show, I thought it would me moved to Pulled Bit Torrents, but a Mod pm'd me, and said :"Charlie, if you can't play by the rules, then please don't post a show stating such. It serves no purpose here.

Your show was moved to purgatory by one of the other mods"
I'm not going to post his name, because, I honestly was not trying to break the rules, get any favorite treatment, or cause trouble.
I was simply, trying to maybe let someone, that does not visit ezt too often, the chance to know it was there, Jack would be one example, because the last I heard,, he had not gotten a memership at ezt. In fact I was going to ask Jack, if he wanted it, I'd mail it, and Jack that offer still stands.
But with the message I got from this mod, oh, WWJD?,
I for sure wont be posting shows here anymore, I will visit cause I do have a few friends here.
But, I'm sorry, I will not lie, I could of made the lineage of source, where it met the site guidelines, but I will not do that, no matter what the site.
Some ppl do care more about the music then lineage, me for one.
If it sounds good, a quality show, etc, I could give a red rats ass if it was beamed from fucking mars, I want it, cause the music is what it's about to me.
Sorry I broke the rule. Lynne, beat me,whip me, make me write bad checks.
I did in fact send a pm to the mod's as I said I would that they might want to move it to Pulled Forum, but purgatory, that makes no sense to me, the pulled forum states:
Pulled Audio Bit Torrents
Torrents that were Removed from the TTD tracker and why.
I thought that was what it was for.
No hard feelings, I was trying to get a feel, to see if there was any leadway, based on common sense, I guess I got my answer.

WWJD?

I nick1257 I
2005-01-07, 01:28 AM
I thought this was about pussy..

lucasweb
2005-01-07, 01:54 AM
So this whole thread was just started because of a beef between two people? BOOO! :(

Spelunker
2005-01-07, 03:21 AM
Well, when I posted that show, I thought it would me moved to Pulled Bit Torrents, but a Mod pm'd me, and said :"Charlie, if you can't play by the rules, then please don't post a show stating such. It serves no purpose here.

I'm not going to post his name, because, I honestly was not trying to break the rules, get any favorite treatment, or cause trouble.
I was simply, trying to maybe let someone, that does not visit ezt too often, the chance to know it was there, Jack would be one example, because the last I heard,, he had not gotten a memership at ezt. In fact I was going to ask Jack, if he wanted it, I'd mail it, and Jack that offer still stands.
But with the message I got from this mod, oh, WWJD?,
I for sure wont be posting shows here anymore, I will visit cause I do have a few friends here.
But, I'm sorry, I will not lie, I could of made the lineage of source, where it met the site guidelines, but I will not do that, no matter what the site.
If it sounds good, a quality show, etc, I could give a red rats ass if it was beamed from fucking mars, I want it, cause the music is what it's about to me.
Sorry I broke the rule. Lynne, beat me,whip me, make me write bad checks.
I did in fact send a pm to the mod's as I said I would that they might want to move it to Pulled Forum, but purgatory, that makes no sense to me, the pulled forum states:
Pulled Audio Bit Torrents
Torrents that were Removed from the TTD tracker and why.
I thought that was what it was for.
No hard feelings, I was trying to get a feel, to see if there was any leadway, based on common sense, I guess I got my answer.

WWJD?

So far 44.44% of the users are on your side, Charlie. ;)

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 03:44 AM
It's still there, Charlie.

You Sure?

I want to tell the truth, part 2

I know for a fact it was taken down twice, I saw it was gone, and asked someother jerk like me, to see if it was just me, and it was gone the 2nd time.

I don't mind posting it here, if ppl want to see, if part 2 is down.
I had to sart a part 2, cause green made some lame ass post, then closed the thread
it was only way I could reply.
I carried over his last post.
I really got this gut feeling, that the reason he keeps pulling in it, is , guessing now:
I stated in that post, that he had offered to split all site donations equal, between green,rick, and me. I told him no, all donations should only go to support the site, not in anyones pocket. ;)

New Homebrew
2005-01-07, 04:02 AM
Are you wasted, bro?

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 04:04 AM
No, not at all.
Why do you ask?
Help me here...

Jackstraw_1969
2005-01-07, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the offer! What show are we talkin?

That's kinda the way I feel about it. While I understand wanthing to know the lineage and all, it really IS about the music after all.......all this shit sounds better than the AUD5 I used to get back in '88 on Maxell XLII's!!

DDSTree
2005-01-07, 10:18 AM
Well, when I posted that show, I thought it would me moved to Pulled Bit Torrents, but a Mod pm'd me, and said :

"Charlie, if you can't play by the rules, then please don't post a show stating such. It serves no purpose here.

It was me. I pm'd you. I don't care if anyone knows. I didn't move it to purg, but I was going to (someone beat me to it).

This isn't to start a fight with you Charlie, but if you were honestly NOT trying to break the rules, then why did the following start your thread?

I know I'm breaking the rules, but I'm doing it, then I'll report it to the mod's, they can pulll it, won't hurt my feeling, but atleast in Pulled Audio Forum, someone might see it that would other wise miss it at EZT.

Clearly, this is an attempt to circumvent the seeding guidelines here at TTD. I know you're not trying to cause any harm, but if you know what the rules are, follow them. Since you said you were purposely doing this in an attempt to have it in pulled torrents, it was moved to purg instead as it does not meet TTD guidelines and shouldn't even be listed.

And that's WJWD!

have a nice day

Rider
2005-01-07, 10:24 AM
All the pulled torrents are deleted eventually. they just go to the pulled forum so the seeder can see why they were pulled. Since Charlie clearly stated in his post he knew it would be pulled, knew why it would be pulled and was just doing it to get around the site guidelines there was no reason to put the thread in the pulled forum.

lucasweb
2005-01-07, 10:30 AM
Clearly, this is an attempt to circumvent the seeding guidelines here at STG.

Where are we again?:hmm:

RainDawg
2005-01-07, 11:00 AM
I had nothing to do with pulling this show, but I honestly don't understand what the big stink was. All you had to do was write down the following at the beginning of the seed:

SBD > ? > CDRx > EAC > WAV > FLAC

Then make a note that, though it's of unknown lineage, that it's digitally clean, gapless, and complete. The problem I see here is that this contains officially released material, unless I am mistaken. And all you have to do is make a short post in Technobabble BEFORE posting and a mod will let you know whether it's OK or not, and work with you to get it to a point where it is.

Edit to add: Maybe it's not officially released, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be an ok seed if formatted and notated nicely.

U2Lynne
2005-01-07, 11:10 AM
Actually, not quite, Stephen. More like...

SBD > ?? > some sort of lossless format from STG > wav > shntool to jointracks > EAC to remove gaps > CDWave > wav > flac

feralicious
2005-01-07, 11:16 AM
So this whole thread was just started because of a beef between two people? BOOO! :(Agreed. Why not email the admins/mods instead of trying to start a revolution? What is it with all the squabbles bing made public all the time? I don't get it. :disbelief

RainDawg
2005-01-07, 11:19 AM
SBD > ?? > some sort of lossless format from STG > wav > shntool to jointracks > EAC to remove gaps > CDWave > wav > flac
Even better....looks like it would have been perfectly acceptable as a TTD seed, assuming that the format the STG seed was in were filled into that lineage above.

feralicious
2005-01-07, 11:25 AM
Even better....looks like it would have been perfectly acceptable as a TTD seed, assuming that the format the STG seed was in were filled into that lineage above.Really? Wouldn't you think there would be a better source that remained gapless throughout its lifetime? That looks messy to me. Just mho, I know it's not my call. I just figure if it had gaps probably someone burned it TAO and there should be a source that never had that problem.

RainDawg
2005-01-07, 11:28 AM
True....though if a show has been properly "degapped" than it can really be as good as new.

feralicious
2005-01-07, 11:53 AM
Couldn't you use that as an argument for any gen cd-r then? If it has been properly EAC'd... Not trying to be argumentative, I like the strict standards here, and that lineage to me seems to be no better than an unknown cdr. Not that some people wouldn't want it if it is glitch free, but...

Anway, you mods can figure it out. In the meantime, what about this brilliant suggestion (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2236)?

U2Lynne
2005-01-07, 12:05 PM
So this whole thread was just started because of a beef between two people? BOOO! :(
Actually, no. This thread was started after Charlie posted his thread, but before it was pulled. He was asking an honest question *because* he knew he was posting a questionable thread. You can see later on in this thread when he realizes that his show was pulled.

RainDawg
2005-01-07, 12:05 PM
Nina, you're right. Perhaps it's better something like this be kept off the boards. I guess I mean to say that CDRx really is fine for older shows like this where a complete lineage is never going to be found....

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the offer! What show are we talkin?

That's kinda the way I feel about it. While I understand wanthing to know the lineage and all, it really IS about the music after all.......all this shit sounds better than the AUD5 I used to get back in '88 on Maxell XLII's!!

The Band
Roosevelt Stadium
Jersey City, NJ
8/1/73 (Wed)

SOURCE: Unknown
LENGTH: 77:55 min
SIZE: 373 MiB flac

1. Back To Memphis [6:13]
2. Lovin You Is Sweeter Than Ever [4:42]
3. The Shape I'm In [4:18]
4. The Weight [4:22]
5. Stage Fright [4:42]
6. I Shall Be Released [3:25]
7. Baby, Don't You Do It [6:41]
8. Endless Highway [5:18]
9. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down [3:44]
10. Across The Great Divide [3:07]
11. Wheels on Fire [3:47]
12. Life Is A Carnival [5:19]
13. Share Your love [3:13]
14. Up On Cripple Creek [4:14]
15. Genetic Method/Chest Fever [5:52]
16. W.S, Walcott's Medicine Show [3:22]
17. I'm Saved [5:29]

NOTES:
Downloaded from STG on 10/10/2003 with errors: TAO 2 sec gaps were encoded
into the stream and the show was not tracked properly. I decoded it, joined
the tracks in shntool, meticulously removed the gaps in EAC's wave editor using
the zero-crossing feature, then split the file into tracks using CDWave. All gaps
were exactly the same length, verfied with Zoom Full and Zero Crossing. Final
compression was done with Flac 110k. No other processing was done. There exist
a few source flaws though, relatively minor.

35:52 diginoise
35:53 sub-second drop out
46:33 sub-second drop out
55:42 source splice
58:53 source splice
69:00 source splice
69:01 sub-second drop out
72:22 3 sec drop out

It's my opinion that this is one of the best shows I've ever listened to. Though
there are flaws, they barely detract from the listening pleasure. For show I'd give
this an A+, for sound an A-. Plenty of energy. Prime stuff. The Band opened for
The Grateful Dead at Roosevelt Stadium on this date.
-nibbles-

========================================================
Flac Fingerprints:
band73-08-01t01.flac:89353d4a14a84e83c6a016700016d660
band73-08-01t02.flac:e8b58f388d250e5097a955883047e6e1
band73-08-01t03.flac:f6abe32c764080e3bc7cda18d8ed1538
band73-08-01t04.flac:38364d873925294393eeb15321f3d8c2
band73-08-01t05.flac:cd8532d94b1777149a220db0fbe7e6bb
band73-08-01t06.flac:d1bbd95efb0bed4cabe8129eb28a0c97
band73-08-01t07.flac:27376659f047920d8c0cdb51f57eba07
band73-08-01t08.flac:7ee7e5a9bb2f8abe48132229c55b80b7
band73-08-01t09.flac:61ca3144eb8ede6f7f30882586219868
band73-08-01t10.flac:59d6812f4fb4571292bfcde5e1457563
band73-08-01t11.flac:7908e1feddc0d8a2a42c59298ccdecb1
band73-08-01t12.flac:4e39717bf8765fcc5c063dd8f1cbc24a
band73-08-01t13.flac:4ea2a7f9cf2e0861ca113547412043b5
band73-08-01t14.flac:ff3a35257a368651df7a3e137912252d
band73-08-01t15.flac:dd5f531c623ee053fde2db841e4d6a1a
band73-08-01t16.flac:1ad91772d1f19de3d5d9a66fd21bd82c
band73-08-01t17.flac:c5fbbcfea19d7fa8ebbd05f9a9866ec0
========================================================

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:14 PM
It was me. I pm'd you. I don't care if anyone knows. I didn't move it to purg, but I was going to (someone beat me to it).

This isn't to start a fight with you Charlie, but if you were honestly NOT trying to break the rules, then why did the following start your thread?

Clearly, this is an attempt to circumvent the seeding guidelines here at STG. I know you're not trying to cause any harm, but if you know what the rules are, follow them. Since you said you were purposely doing this in an attempt to have it in pulled torrents, it was moved to purg instead as it does not meet TTD guidelines and shouldn't even be listed.

And that's WJWD!

have a nice day
Doc, you once pm'd me that I needed to get off the booze, maybe you neeed to unhook the nitrous, this ain't STG.

And it was a attempt to see if there was any common sense used, which I found my answer to.

WWJD?
He'd say spread the music folks, enjoy..

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:17 PM
All the pulled torrents are deleted eventually. they just go to the pulled forum so the seeder can see why they were pulled. Since Charlie clearly stated in his post he knew it would be pulled, knew why it would be pulled and was just doing it to get around the site guidelines there was no reason to put the thread in the pulled forum.

But I ALSO say, at least there it will be visable (in pulled).
Someone could of seen it there, pm'd me, and a copy would go in the mail or I'd seed again at my home, EZT

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:19 PM
I had nothing to do with pulling this show, but I honestly don't understand what the big stink was. All you had to do was write down the following at the beginning of the seed:

Then make a note that, though it's of unknown lineage, that it's digitally clean, gapless, and complete. The problem I see here is that this contains officially released material, unless I am mistaken. And all you have to do is make a short post in Technobabble BEFORE posting and a mod will let you know whether it's OK or not, and work with you to get it to a point where it is.

Edit to add: Maybe it's not officially released, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be an ok seed if formatted and notated nicely.

Sure, SBD > ? > CDRx > EAC > WAV > FLAC, would of been easy.
But I couldn't trace it to that, so in my book, that's making up lineage, lieing, and I just won't fuckin do it...

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:24 PM
Really? Wouldn't you think there would be a better source that remained gapless throughout its lifetime? That looks messy to me. Just mho, I know it's not my call. I just figure if it had gaps probably someone burned it TAO and there should be a source that never had that problem.

anythings possible
commenet from ezt user:

#200249 by iarooster at 2005-01-06 23:45:18 GMT
In my 22+ years of tape trading, this has always been my favorite show. I've traded for it I don't know how many times. I started off with a cassette that was pretty pitiful; there was a ton of tape skew/wow and flutter through most of Back to Memphis and it was plenty hissy. But what a show! Over the years I got better cassettes, then DATs, then discs. The version I've got now is mighty damn good but I'm always looking for a possible upgrade.

By the way, Saved is from 7-31. That show doesn't hold a candle to this one...

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:27 PM
Couldn't you use that as an argument for any gen cd-r then? If it has been properly EAC'd... Not trying to be argumentative, I like the strict standards here, and that lineage to me seems to be no better than an unknown cdr. this brilliant suggestion (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2236)?

ok, i have no problem with your opinion.
but, shouldn't all ppl be able to decide if want to take a chance?

DeepElem
2005-01-07, 02:47 PM
This will be my last post on this thread, cause I really didn't mean to cause any trouble, but when I start seeing posts like i'm gonna post from ezt, I can tell some folks were happy, theres not alot of posting at ezt on most seeds.

paste:
1-#200249 by iarooster at 2005-01-06 23:45:18 GMT
In my 22+ years of tape trading, this has always been my favorite show. I've traded for it I don't know how many times. I started off with a cassette that was pretty pitiful; there was a ton of tape skew/wow and flutter through most of Back to Memphis and it was plenty hissy. But what a show! Over the years I got better cassettes, then DATs, then discs. The version I've got now is mighty damn good but I'm always looking for a possible upgrade.

By the way, Saved is from 7-31. That show doesn't hold a candle to this one...

2-y davmar77 at 2005-01-06 17:29:48 GMT
this was quite a weekend.watkins glen was a couple days earlier with the dead,allmans and the band.i recall an interview with lesh saying the hardest thing abut that fest was convincing the band to play.it was their 1st live show since 12/31/71 at the academy of music from the shows used for 'rock of ages'.considering their absence from touring,you sure couldn't see anything lacking in their set.then both nights in jersey city with the dead from 20 ft in front of the stage.and this night,8/1/73,was garcia's birthday.
ah ,the good ol' daze,
dave

3- Migrant at 2005-01-06 19:09:19 GMT
Thanks DeepElem, I've been looking for this for quite awhile.
Please find some pix that I previously acquired.
What's the betting that Augustus Owsley Stanley III, "The Bear", recorded this?

4-nice pics.did you see me? i was the one clapping near the stage.
as far as who recorded,i think bear was out of circulation at this time.it could be a betty board or just another in the usual day's events of documenting all the shows.
dave
5-In comment #200049 Piperstash wrote something like this:

heheheheh my gfs mom and da went to this show, thats too funny, gonna have to get on this and get a copy for them

Give her a copy, she has and had along time ago Very Good Taste to see The Band

End:
u can go read the rest.
But that's what all this is about to me, seeing ppl happy.
I'll be around, not on this thread tho.
Charlie

Jackstraw_1969
2005-01-07, 03:46 PM
The Band
Roosevelt Stadium
Jersey City, NJ
8/1/73 (Wed)

Thanks! I have this......didn't D/L from STG, got it in a trade.....lemme check and see if mine has these flaws, and if so I'll PM ya to work out a snail mail trade......

New Homebrew
2005-01-07, 05:09 PM
1) I think posting shows that have had gaps edited out of them is a mistake, especially if using EAC to edit. It means that someone along the way did not know what they were doing and there is a greater chance something is wrong with your discs. You can always trace the cd trade back through who you got it from.

2) If you insist on sharing something there are many other ways to accomplish that.

symon
2005-01-07, 05:24 PM
I can see what Charlie is saying. And the answer lies in front of him - post it on a site where the question of lineage is not so strict.
I also appreciate that Charlie just wanted to let people here know that he had a torrent on another site. Fine. But, the point that should always be remembered is that this site has a specific purpose and specific standards. If a torrent doesn't match those standards then it gets pulled. These standards are clearly laid out at various points across the site.
So, the music is important, but on TTD the lineage of the music is also seen as important too.
And that should be the end of it. Would you go to a tracker purely for Pearl Jam, for example, amd post your Band torrent there? I would guess not, because that tracker is about the music, but only a small part of it. The same thing here. If the seed doesn't meet the requirements of the site then it shouldn't be posted.

Spelunker
2005-01-07, 08:16 PM
You Sure?

I want to tell the truth, part 2

I know for a fact it was taken down twice, I saw it was gone, and asked someother jerk like me, to see if it was just me, and it was gone the 2nd time.

I don't mind posting it here, if ppl want to see, if part 2 is down.
I had to sart a part 2, cause green made some lame ass post, then closed the thread
it was only way I could reply.
I carried over his last post.
I really got this gut feeling, that the reason he keeps pulling in it, is , guessing now:
I stated in that post, that he had offered to split all site donations equal, between green,rick, and me. I told him no, all donations should only go to support the site, not in anyones pocket. ;)

I must of missed the part 2 part. I thought you were talking about the post you sent me.

Presence
2005-01-07, 08:59 PM
I had a hard time following this thread. Last time I posted I thought it would evolve into a very useful discussion on the matter of strict vs loose. Instead it appeared to have been a soapbox. Where's the thumbsdown icon.

The only issue I have involves the barring of webcast sources. What if the webcast is the SOLE source for a particular show? And I mean SOLE. ONLY. NO OTHER. Still not worthy of sharing? And why not, when "webcast" would be clearly stated in the lineage? It's not like the users downloading would not know. That's my only "too tight" complaint.

wazoo2u
2005-01-07, 09:13 PM
I had a hard time following this thread. Last time I posted I thought it would evolve into a very useful discussion on the matter of strict vs loose. Instead it appeared to have been a soapbox. Where's the thumbsdown icon.

The only issue I have involves the barring of webcast sources. What if the webcast is the SOLE source for a particular show? And I mean SOLE. ONLY. NO OTHER. Still not worthy of sharing? And why not, when "webcast" would be clearly stated in the lineage? It's not like the users downloading would not know. That's my only "too tight" complaint.Well... what happens when the multitrack mixdown masters of that "webcast" eventually find their way into circulation ? Do you think it's possible that TDD's objective might be to hold off on distro'ing the lossy source in general ??. And why is it so important to distribute it through TDD when there are other torrent sites that would host it, despite the lineage ?

Rider
2005-01-07, 10:19 PM
Well... what happens when the multitrack mixdown masters of that "webcast" eventually find their way into circulation ? Do you think it's possible that TDD's objective might be to hold off on distro'ing the lossy source in general ??. And why is it so important to distribute it through TDD when there are other torrent sites that would host it, despite the lineage ?

Exactly. This site is for certain things, not everything needs to be shared, banning webcasts still leave thousands of shows out there to torrent. And by the way I have tons of pre-webcast masters, they seem to leak all the time, in the last month of STG there were 4 or 5 of them. Right of the top of my head there was the Radiohead webcasts that were from a VHS master, there was a flaming lips webcast that was from a low gen video, I'm sure there are others out there.

WTSHNN
2005-01-07, 10:47 PM
The user of FM has no contract with the radio station. When you subscribe to XM you sign a contract that forbids you from sharing stuff. So it is in no way anything like FM.

Your not even allowed to give out a play list.

Thats kinda funny, you can go to XM411.com and pull up all the songs and artist that they play and what not, so I don't know why you can't share the playlist, likewise with the new MyFi which I just got this week and still figuring out what I think of it, you can record five hours of broadcast and what not.

I was merely saying that all of the stuff on FM is copyrighted i.e. if you listen to a live concert on FM you're most likely going to hear a legal message of
"you can not record, reproduce...."
Just because there is no contract between user and station does not mean that a person is free to do with the broadcast as they please. There is a certain agreement that a person enters into when they listen to the radio. The copyright holder could certainly come after anyone sharing an FM sourced show.
Anyways, no big deal, just explaining what I meant.
Thanks
-Tim

Five
2005-01-08, 04:50 AM

Sure, SBD > ? > CDRx > EAC > WAV > FLAC, would of been easy.
But I couldn't trace it to that, so in my book, that's making up lineage, lieing, and I just won't fuckin do it...
Let's not put any fiction in the lineage. "no lineage" is fiction. Let's make a lineage that's accurate for your show so that you can post it...

This is SBD. This is the first piece of your lineage.
TAO gaps are caused by burning an audio cdr TAO. Since we don't know how the SBD got to CDR, we have to add a "?". Since we don't know how many copies were made of that audio cdr, we have to make it CDR(x).
This audio cdr was then extracted and converted to FLAC with unknown software. This is how you received the show.
Tracks were joined using SHNtool.
TAO gaps were removed using EAC.
Tracks were split using CDWave.
The split tracks were encoded to FLAC.

You know a lot about what happened to the show, but didn't report even one thing in the Lineage, not even "SBD" at the beginning or "FLAC" at the end. There is no such thing as "no lineage". By my reasoning the above list is everything we can tell for certain about the show, so I would write the lineage as:

SBD > ? > CDR(x) > ?unknown extraction software > FLAC > SHNtool (all tracks joined) > EAC (TAO gap removal) > CDWave (re-tracking) > FLAC

You listened very carefully to the show and even posted a detailed list of the flaws you found. This is excellent work! :clap:

We don't want people making up fictional lineage. I stress the point that "no lineage" is the fiction. "no lineage" is lying. The only way a show could have no lineage is if you can't tell if it is AUD or SBD and also can't identify the format to which it has been encoded. Any show posted at TTD without lineage will be pulled immediately.

NINJA
2005-01-08, 04:58 AM
I know people banned form EDJ, does that help? :wave:

I like the rules, better too tight than too loose. Then I don't need to fret about quality, like ezt sometimes. But, if is not too much a chore, the mods might do a case-by-case exception thing. Hell, maybe they already do.

I'll shutup now. :rolleyes:

TIGHT IS BETTER OR IT WILL BECOME LIKE EZT

MP3 SOURCE HEAVEN :disbelief

AND AS FAR AS FORCING PEOPLE TO LIE

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PEOPLE THAT LIE ABOUT LINEAGE

LET YOUR EARS BE THE JUDGE

bfrank
2005-01-17, 10:08 AM
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

rerem
2005-01-20, 10:00 PM
I had assembled a compilation of relatively rare Gillian Welch songs mainy from varios shows I had downloaded and burned to CD,I was kind of dissapointed it couldn't be seeded here-Oh,yeah,also I thought this thread was going to be about underwear ;)