PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable Lineage?

lucasweb
2005-01-05, 11:12 PM
Okay so i want to seed the Led Zeppelin April 1st, 1971 show that i downloaded off Presence's Direct Download server. I archieved the flacs on DVD-R so it hasn't been altered in anyway since i downloaded them.

here is the lineage that i would post with the file:

Pre- FM Master Reels > DAT > WAV > FLAC

now in the seeding policy it stats that the software must be included in the lineage, but it only says that for rips from silver cds or am i reading it wrong? This came from Presence so we know that the highest quality has been preserved in transferring it. Would this be acceptable?

gungywump
2005-01-05, 11:19 PM
Some of this material is commercially available as 'BBC Sessions". :hmm:
This date never flew at STG.

lucasweb
2005-01-05, 11:22 PM

This is the complete show uncut, the official release has cuts in it.

Five
2005-01-06, 01:03 AM
This is the complete version of the show with much worse sound quality. For example, about a third of WLL is missing from the legit release but is included here (various bits from the middle of the song, no less!). I remember when this was pulled at STG. TTD staff will have to have a discussion about this before I can post an answer for you.

RainDawg
2005-01-06, 07:09 AM
Still in discussion of the legality of the material, but as far as the lineage goes, it looks quite incomplete. The implication here is that the material has never been on CDR, and if that is true then it's great, but I find that hard to believe.

If the lineage is true, it's fine, but I just get the feeling that someone has cut parts out of it to make it look cleaner.

Presence
2005-01-06, 08:50 AM
This is my DAT. What are you implying?

As stated, the only thing the lineage is missing is the hardware and software I used to transfer the DAT and downsample to CD standard.

RainDawg
2005-01-06, 10:01 AM
I'm implying that a lot of times a lineage like this is not entirely true. Your DAT was taken right from the original Pre-FM reels, no Cass or additional RTR gens in between? If so, this lineage looks great, and it's a fine seed. I just am skeptical when I see something like that.

Presence
2005-01-06, 10:15 AM
Nothing of the sort. In fact, I am wondering where Five is coming up with his "sounds much worse" statement. I would like to know which source was used to come up with that opinion.

RainDawg
2005-01-06, 12:20 PM
That I can't answer. But I can say that I was a bit hesitant about the pedigree of the lineage. I'm glad you've cleared it up, but I am sure you can understand why such sketchy details would raise an eyebrow of an unwitting trader like myself, who sees this kind of thing all the time yet somehow seems to end up with stuff that's obviously CDRx despite the fact that it claims to be a direct DAT > Lossless conversion.

lucasweb
2005-01-06, 01:40 PM
Five might be thinking of the Antrabata bootleg release of this show, what im offering to upload is not the bootleg release as seen by the lineage provided above

Five
2005-01-06, 03:16 PM
Nothing of the sort. In fact, I am wondering where Five is coming up with his "sounds much worse" statement. I would like to know which source was used to come up with that opinion.
I was wrong, I didn't realize this was from a different source than the Antrabata version. I was guessing that this was a source from that tape without any bootleg in the lineage.

gungywump
2005-01-06, 08:51 PM
I can attest that this source is VERY clean. I personally would love to see more people get this. I was just wary of this dates history at STG. If the Mods approve this QUALITY will not be a problem. :cool:

SIBLY
2005-01-07, 02:35 PM
I can attest that this source is VERY clean. I personally would love to see more people get this. I was just wary of this dates history at STG. If the Mods approve this QUALITY will not be a problem. :cool:Hell yeah, this one sounds good. Especially WLL and Thank You. Passes the cranked car stereo test with ease. Let ‘er rip if the only question is lineage.

Hottiemagnet
2005-01-07, 03:10 PM
Yes, my torrent got pulled ! While the 69 BBC Sessions were no problem ?? :confused: :hmm:

U2Lynne
2005-01-07, 03:11 PM
Actually, it isn't the lineage we are hung up on. I sent lucasweb a PM earlier asking for a bit more clarification on this show source and the source of the Official release.

SpotTheLooney
2005-01-14, 06:00 AM
This is my DAT. What are you implying?

As stated, the only thing the lineage is missing is the hardware and software I used to transfer the DAT and downsample to CD standard.

Don't you have your own site to tend to?Just stay out of peoples Business...Go be anal on your own VERY anal site..... :nono:

U2Lynne
2005-01-14, 09:53 AM
Excuse me, Spot, that was uncalled for. Jason was helping us with the lineage.

gungywump
2005-01-14, 10:30 AM
Don't you have your own site to tend to?Just stay out of peoples Business...Go be anal on your own VERY anal site..... :nono:

Spot,
You sure are bitter!! If you thought you had problems getting your 'my friend gave it to me and it sounds good' lineage to fly at royal-orleans you have DEFINATELY wandered into the wrong site.

Shooo!!

lucasweb
2005-01-14, 01:23 PM
For those who don't know the backstory SpotTheLooney was banned from R-O for being a big a-hole, and i see things still haven't changed

dorrcoq
2005-01-14, 01:24 PM
I guess we all aren't having any problems spotting the loony here :wtf:

SpotTheLooney
2005-01-15, 11:17 AM
I wasn't being an ASSHOLE...on ROYAL-ORLEANS...I was just trying to share something..end of story..I'll shut up now...please do the same.....
If i was just some un knowing asshole,I'd accept all of the BS...but I am an experienced collector whose collecting values started and go way beyond the computer world...If a normal thinking music lover reads the Blueberry hill argument,I guarentee they'd say I wasn't doing anything wrong...just trying to do my part....This is really getting tiresome...so I'll be staying away from the forums for a while...no offense to anyone including Presence....I still say I did nothing wrong....and will stick to it...but to each their own..thanx for listening
PEACE,Rob

RainDawg
2005-01-16, 11:19 AM
Why does this site end up being a location for people to put out their dirty laundry? For the 1000th time, if someone here has a beef with someone else here, it's better to hash it out in personal, not by coming on here and flaming.

If you have a beef with TTD, then it's appropriate to post it here, but otherwise, stop expecting the moderators and readers of this board to care about personal problems users may have with each other.

SpotTheLooney
2005-01-16, 03:48 PM
Why does this site end up being a location for people to put out their dirty laundry? For the 1000th time, if someone here has a beef with someone else here, it's better to hash it out in personal, not by coming on here and flaming.

If you have a beef with TTD, then it's appropriate to post it here, but otherwise, stop expecting the moderators and readers of this board to care about personal problems users may have with each other.
Once again,I'm sorry and will not bring any more negativity....just good tunes...peace