PDA

View Full Version : EAC

MasterSandman II
2006-05-29, 11:50 PM
This probably sounds like a pretty dumb question but I accidentally burned a CD with lossless files and forgot to burn it with no gaps...if I rip this back to my computer with EAC and re-burn it, will it have no gaps?

Five
2006-05-29, 11:59 PM
no, the gaps will still be there.

also, be aware that audio cdr is a very poor way to store your audio. you should keep a backup of the original data files for future trading (and for situations like the one you've found yourself in now).

the only way to fix it is to carefully join all tracks in the correct order and recut on the sector boundaries and then burn again. it sill won't be 100% perfect as the original download and this resulting copy shouldn't be traded (in favor of the original data files you downloaded but no longer have).

probably easier to just hunt down another copy of the original files.

MasterSandman II
2006-05-30, 12:19 PM
no, the gaps will still be there.

also, be aware that audio cdr is a very poor way to store your audio. you should keep a backup of the original data files for future trading (and for situations like the one you've found yourself in now).

the only way to fix it is to carefully join all tracks in the correct order and recut on the sector boundaries and then burn again. it sill won't be 100% perfect as the original download and this resulting copy shouldn't be traded (in favor of the original data files you downloaded but no longer have).

probably easier to just hunt down another copy of the original files.

Thank you.

Five
2006-05-30, 01:55 PM
you're welcome...

just realized I forgot to mention that right after you rejoin the show you have to manually snip out the 2 second gaps and make sure its a smooth edit... just get another flac copy is better.