PDA

View Full Version : BitTornado seeding problem

Billo521
2006-05-20, 01:50 PM
Ok i'm using BitTornado as my client and when I try to open it up for seeding only i'll catch a couple of leechers for seconds then drop them quicky. My status light turns red and that's it. When i'm downloading I can upload BUT only when i'm downloading that's it. Just wondering if any had this problem before and fixed it let me know, Bill

BoNeZ
2006-05-20, 02:45 PM
Ok i'm using BitTornado as my client and when I try to open it up for seeding only i'll catch a couple of leechers for seconds then drop them quicky. My status light turns red and that's it. When i'm downloading I can upload BUT only when i'm downloading that's it. Just wondering if any had this problem before and fixed it let me know, Bill
Have you forwarded your ports on your firewall and/or router?

http://www.portforward.com/

Billo521
2006-05-20, 03:17 PM
Ok do I have to open both TCP and UDP or just one or the other? :hmm:

Billo521
2006-05-20, 04:21 PM
Ok do I have to open both TCP and UDP or just one or the other? :hmm:I give up for now this is driving me insane!!!!!!!!!! :lol

U2Lynne
2006-05-20, 04:54 PM
Ok do I have to open both TCP and UDP or just one or the other? :hmm:
I think you only need to do it for TCP, but I always select the 'both' option.

Billo521
2006-05-20, 05:10 PM
I know i'm asking alot from you guys but how do I find the IP address of the computer hosting my service on my network?

BoNeZ
2006-05-20, 06:15 PM
I know i'm asking alot from you guys but how do I find the IP address of the computer hosting my service on my network?
No problem with the questions man! I'm glad your going through the trouble of trying to get everything up right. That just doesn't help you, it helps everyone and makes everything run smoother for all! :thumbsup
I wish more people were like you, getting everything right and all. ;)

Anyways about your question, I'm not entirely sure what your asking but going to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ gives you your external(?) IP address that others on the internet see.

PS - It would kinda help if you kept things in one thread about all of this. Makes it easier to track you and what you need help with. :hmm: ;)

U2Lynne
2006-05-20, 06:17 PM
Um, I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. However, if you open up a terminal and type 'ipconfig' it will tell you what your IP address is and also tell you what your computer local IP is (that's the one that looks like 192.168.1.xxx and is the one that you forward your ports to).

Billo521
2006-05-20, 07:16 PM
ok I've forwarded the ports that's working fine now. I'm pretty shure I know what the problem is. It's BitTornado. I downloaded uTorrent and downloaded some files they downloaded and uploaded perfectly. And when I was done downloading I stayed and seeded so I'm happy Ass H#LL!!!!! I'm getting rid of Tornado after I finish up downloading with it then goodbye headaches!!!!!!!! :D And thanks for all the information you guys have been giving without it I would have gave up!! Bill

U2Lynne
2006-05-20, 07:48 PM
All right! I'm glad you got it all figured out.

(I keep hearing about people solving problems by getting rid of BitTornado. :hmm: )

Billo521
2006-05-20, 10:07 PM
All right! I'm glad you got it all figured out.

(I keep hearing about people solving problems by getting rid of BitTornado. :hmm: )
LoL!!!!