PDA

View Full Version : WTF can't make a simple update in a thread

gremlin
2006-05-02, 10:49 AM
when I try to make a update in the vine section in my own thread I get this piece of fine message

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

now how many is 3 characters? a novell of some sort? :wtf:

U2Lynne
2006-05-02, 10:51 AM
Ummmm, which thread?

If it is in the Old Vines forums, it may be because we turned off the ability to make new posts in there.

gremlin
2006-05-02, 10:57 AM
Ummmm, which thread?

If it is in the Old Vines forums, it may be because we turned off the ability to make new posts in there.

nope in this one

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20925

U2Lynne
2006-05-02, 11:04 AM
So, you try to edit the first post and it gives you that error even though there is tons of text there?

Let me go make a test post in that forum with a test account I have and see what the problem is. I'm sorry about this, gremlin.

gremlin
2006-05-02, 11:06 AM
So, you try to edit the first post and it gives you that error even though there is tons of text there?

Let me go make a test post in that forum with a test account I have and see what the problem is. I'm sorry about this, gremlin.

yepp that's right...thanks Lynne

U2Lynne
2006-05-02, 11:12 AM
Well, I've made a test post in there and I was able to edit the thread just a few minutes later. Let me wait for the normal ten minute thread edit limit to be over (the ten minutes doesn't apply to first posts, but I'll see what happens).

U2Lynne
2006-05-02, 11:21 AM
Hmmmm, I can get that pop up that tells me I need more than three characters if I only enter 1 or 2 characters, but I can't get it to do that if I enter more than three characters.

Why don't you try a force refresh on the page (shift + reload on a PC, I think) and then try to edit it again.

gremlin
2006-05-02, 11:24 AM
Hmmmm, I can get that pop up that tells me I need more than three characters if I only enter 1 or 2 characters, but I can't get it to do that if I enter more than three characters.

Why don't you try a force refresh on the page (shift + reload on a PC, I think) and then try to edit it again.

ok I'll give it a try...

gremlin
2006-05-02, 11:28 AM
ok I'll give it a try...
thanks lynne that trick worked!

U2Lynne
2006-05-02, 11:29 AM
Good! :)