PDA

View Full Version : jazz forum

johnhell
2004-12-29, 07:15 PM
There are many jazz shows on this fine site. What about a seperate forum for those?

Thanks.

U2Lynne
2004-12-29, 07:23 PM
I don't really feel that we are a big enough site yet to have separate forums for different types of music. We only get a handful of torrents a day which isn't too hard to keep up with right now, no?

Presence
2004-12-29, 09:01 PM
Having a separate Jazz forum on STG was too silly. Audio is audio. Video is video. Beyond that, do not segregate based on genre.

lucasweb
2004-12-29, 09:08 PM
I always thought the seperate forum on STG was a silly idea also, i would always forget to check it and i missed quite a few good shows because of that

jazzbo
2004-12-30, 01:16 PM
There are many jazz shows on this fine site.

I'll bite...

many?

Although, I was a big fan of the idea when it was on stg, made it much easier to find torrents, imo.

RainDawg
2005-01-05, 08:05 AM
The Jazz Forum on STG was great, and it really was one of the few subforums that I thought were warranted. That said, we just don't have enough jazz here right now to justify this.

So...jazz fans, start posting!

Chris_Lohr
2005-01-13, 06:05 PM
Yes, need more jazz!

Rider
2005-01-13, 11:25 PM
Yep there would have to be alot more torrents on here for us to even think of doing this. Even if we had a ton of Jazz torrents we would need to have both a very active Jazz forum and a very active audio forum. Right now we have maybe 20 or so torrents in a week, why make extra work for everyone, plus when a forum is dead they tend to stay dead, no one wants to be the only person posting in an inactive forum. Let the Jazz people get here, lets them start some active threads with some nice disscusion then we can think about it.