PDA

View Full Version : Verifying fingerprint, md5

Chuffer
2006-04-13, 08:58 AM
I have some shows that I recieved that are in FLAC and shn format on cd. I would like to know if there is a easy way to verify the ffp. (for example) by systematically comparing the fingerprint that it has, the fingerprint I create once I put it on my HD, and the fingerprint that is with the show on etree that I believe this source came from? Is there a way to do this with the md5 as well? Usually I just look at them and compare, but would like to know if any of you out there have a quick way. Thanks ;)

AAR.oner
2006-04-13, 09:16 AM
i usually just open them in a text program and visually compare...don't know if there's a way to "automatically" compare [i'm sure there is tho]...if so, id be interested as well

U2Lynne
2006-04-13, 09:30 AM
Well, you can always copy/paste the ones from etree into a text file and call it "fingerprints.ffp" or "checksums.md5" and run them against the files you have on your harddrive. But, it seems it's just as easy to visually verify.

TheMamba
2006-04-13, 10:16 AM
Ditto for visual.

irishcrazy2005
2006-04-13, 11:08 AM
I understand why we don't want wholefile md5s, especially as I do convert all shows to FLAC myself, but dang this is why I like them. So convinient.