View Full Version : Verifying fingerprint, md5

2006-04-13, 08:58 AM
I have some shows that I recieved that are in FLAC and shn format on cd. I would like to know if there is a easy way to verify the ffp. (for example) by systematically comparing the fingerprint that it has, the fingerprint I create once I put it on my HD, and the fingerprint that is with the show on etree that I believe this source came from? Is there a way to do this with the md5 as well? Usually I just look at them and compare, but would like to know if any of you out there have a quick way. Thanks ;)

2006-04-13, 09:16 AM
i usually just open them in a text program and visually compare...don't know if there's a way to "automatically" compare [i'm sure there is tho]...if so, id be interested as well

2006-04-13, 09:30 AM
Well, you can always copy/paste the ones from etree into a text file and call it "fingerprints.ffp" or "checksums.md5" and run them against the files you have on your harddrive. But, it seems it's just as easy to visually verify.

2006-04-13, 10:16 AM
Ditto for visual.

2006-04-13, 11:08 AM
I understand why we don't want wholefile md5s, especially as I do convert all shows to FLAC myself, but dang this is why I like them. So convinient.