i have tried 3 different downloads -
happened on all 3 -
i am on a MAC running 10.3.9 -
this happening to anyone else? -
any help would be appreciated

txs :mad:

U2Lynne
2006-04-10, 12:56 PM
I'm on a Mac and am currently using Azureus and I have no problem. I've used bittorrent in the past and had no problems either. Look in the log and see what the error is. It shouldn't just stop without a reason. And, you say it's only been happening this weekend? That's even stranger because we have done no changes to any of the tracker files or even the site files.

cr8ed
2006-04-14, 11:45 AM
such a drag -
i have tried rebuilding - optimizing - asking kindly -
scrubbing and saoking and still...

txs for the response U2Lynne

can still grab stuff at work -
so not totally out of the loop

URRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!

U2Lynne
2006-04-14, 12:04 PM
Are you getting an error message at all? Are they stopping after you've downloaded a certain amount of data? Or at a certain percent? Or are they stopping right away?

Were the torrents from the new tracker or old tracker (uploaded before or after July 2). I ask that because our old tracker was down for a day or so and I didn't know it.

cr8ed
2006-04-14, 01:23 PM
no no message at all -
sometimes it connects and after an hour (or so) it just stops -
i was downloading a recent upload ('84 Dead DVD) -
so that must be on the new tracker

damn you rock with the quick responses -
much appreciated -
i have checked every torrent forum you can think of -
and have not seen this problem shmoozed about anywhere

my luck!

Are you getting an error message at all?
Are they stopping after you've downloaded a certain amount of data? Or at a certain percent? Or are they stopping right away?

Were the torrents from the new tracker or old tracker (uploaded before or after July 2). I ask that because our old tracker was down for a day or so and I didn't know it.

U2Lynne
2006-04-14, 01:34 PM
Hehe. I actually don't spend all my time here. In fact, I took off after my response to you and just got home. But, I do like to keep on top of Technobabble.

Which BT client are you using? And have you tried capping the upload or download speed? (I've heard some people say if they upload or download too fast, their bt client will stall, but I thought that was on a PC.) Does it suddenly disconnect you from all the peers or does it simply stop uploading/downloading?

inside'eye
2006-04-14, 07:04 PM
I had a similair problem,The problem was with the caps...My up load was capped to the minimum and my download was set at maximum.It was not healthy for the torrent so the client kept closing down.Now I keep it even or the upload faster than the download,this is healthier for you and all involved.

cr8ed
2006-04-14, 10:04 PM
using "Bit Torrent" on a mac where do i adjust the caps

txs -
no wait MUCH txs

U2Lynne
2006-04-14, 10:35 PM
You can adjust the upload ("cap" it) by going to Preferences > Global > max upload rate (remember that it is in Bytes, not bits that your ISP tells you. Bytes = bits/8).