PDA

View Full Version : Packard Bell DVD-R Problem

20walbone
2006-03-26, 09:58 AM
Yesterday I bought a 10 pack of Packard Bell DVD-R discs with jewel cases. However, today when I went to burn to one of the discs, neither of my DVD drives would recognise any of the discs. When trying to burn to the discs I received the message please insert a blank discs using both Nero 7 and DVD Decrypter. The drive I use to burn with is a Piodata DVD+-RW DVR-108DX and I also have a HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR1860B. Please could anyone advise as to why this is and how can I fix it?

TheMamba
2006-03-26, 10:06 AM
Can your drive read any other blank discs that you may have? Can it read/recognize ANY discs - like software discs that you bought?

20walbone
2006-03-26, 10:19 AM
Can your drive read any other blank discs that you may have? Can it read/recognize ANY discs - like software discs that you bought?

Both drives are able to read all other discs that I have. This is the first time I have had any problems with either drive and I have used a variety of brands in the past but this is the first time I have used Packard Bell.

TheMamba
2006-03-26, 10:35 AM
Yeah...I've never even heard of Packard Bell making discs...

I'd say that you've got some bad discs there....

Chuffer
2006-03-26, 01:59 PM
Check out this site. I found it in another thread awhile back. Great way to find quality media :D

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm