PDA

View Full Version : reauthoring dvds...

kidrocklive
2006-03-05, 09:51 AM
What is the best way/method to reauthor a dvd with a new menu and chapter splits without re-encoding the video and junk like that.

STLBlues
2006-03-05, 10:39 AM
When I re-author a DVD like you're saying.....what I do is use DVD Decrypter, then I combine the VOB's w/ a free program called "VOBMerge." (although I think Decrypter can combine them on it's own). I drag that large VOB file into DVD Architect (or similar program), make my menus, chapters, etc. Then it makes a new DVD for me.

STLBlues
2006-03-05, 11:10 AM
I should have added a couple more points....when you combine the .vob's, make sure to only combine the files that look like this:

VTS_01_1
VTS_01_2
VTS_01_3
VTS_01_4
etc......

Don't use the .bup files or anything else on the DVD. Sometimes when I'm re-authoring a DVD from a standalone burner (is that what you're doing?), I have to re-encode the video, because my computer/programs won't recognize the "time/length" of the DVD. So if I dragged it into DVD Architect, Architect will see...let's say a 1 hour show....only as maybe 20 seconds long. I've never noticed any quality loss though when I re-encode. I wonder if somebody else has a more in-depth insight on why standalone DVD's have this strange "time/length" problem.

Syco54645
2006-03-08, 10:31 PM
I wonder if somebody else has a more in-depth insight on why standalone DVD's have this strange "time/length" problem.

what format does it come out in? are they vobs from the standalone? if so then i can say that i never have had any problems, but vro is another story

-Syco54645

jcrab66
2006-03-08, 11:10 PM
whats up frank? how you been?

Syco54645
2006-03-08, 11:33 PM
whats up frank? how you been?

well speak of the devil, it is a ghost from my past. i have not been too bad, how have you been?? i am just sitting here authoring a new treat for all of the pumpkin heads out there. btw check out splra.org, i have finally decided to do something useful. oh yeah i got ops in will's hub right before i stopped going there.

good to hear from you, stay in touch this time

-Syco54645

jcrab66
2006-03-09, 12:06 AM
i havent been in willys hub in forever and you were already an op with the rest of us last time i saw you there werent you :hmm: i'll check out your website man...