PDA

View Full Version : nero audio cd burning question. please help anyone

phishy13
2006-02-27, 05:28 PM
so i'm burning audio c.d.'s and setting them on disc at once. i'm also checking the box that removes pause between tracks and the box is checked for removing silence at end of tracks. i am in nero burning rom. i select cd and then i choose Audio-Cd. why between tracks am i getting a click over. not the 2nd TAO but there is always a noticeable click or pop. i now have 10 discs before i noticed it. please help.

inside'eye
2006-02-27, 06:01 PM
Should you not be in nero express?

GregY
2006-02-27, 06:50 PM
Perhaps the files aren't cut on Sector Boundaries. Use shntool to find out and, if so, fix them.
Or perhaps the tracks are from a bad quality rip and the gaps/clicks are inherent in the actual audio files.

jayroch
2006-02-28, 01:50 AM
try and unclick the remove silence at end of tracks tab and see what happens. For must of the live music you get from here you will want to keep the tracks as they are. If nero is removing silence at the end of a track its removing what should be there and the gaps will not line up correctly. Fwiw I always use nero express, some people say burning rom is the way to go but express works fine and its easier.

Five
2006-02-28, 11:06 AM
see if EAC works with your burner... it is the best audio cdr burning prog out there. also check for SBEs as suggested. links are in my signature ("EAC Config" and "Checksums Demystified")

juncus
2006-02-28, 12:30 PM
I use Burning ROM and set the time to zero in all but the first and find that all is OK. Apart from some players, especially if you are using a DVD player to play your CDs. Putting it in an audio cd player makes all the difference. Some players seem to assume a gap when the standard allows for no or variable gaps.

phishy13
2006-02-28, 05:18 PM
still getting the gap. someone who uses nero please let me know what i'm doing wrong. i have now used nero express and nero burning rom and go to audio cd i need to get this click out so i can continue burning discs. whoever can help me i will gladly hook you up with a b+p. please

inside'eye
2006-02-28, 06:22 PM
open nero
choose cd
click on audio cd
choose audio files
click on nero express
tick "no 2 second gap"
click next
choose writing speed
click burn

AAR.oner
2006-02-28, 06:55 PM
this sounds like a Sector Boundary Error issue...have you checked the disc for SBEs yet phishy?