PDA

View Full Version : 2 VIDEO_TS files on same DVD?

russfuss420
2006-02-27, 10:27 AM
i have two different video ts files, which togther have less that 4.5 gb combined. i have a pc and use nero 7 to burn dvds, is it possible to fit two different files on a dvd i.e. clifford ball and clifford ball mtv special

datdork
2006-02-27, 10:46 AM
you can do it using shrink (no compression) but you will loose the menus. the chapters however will all be there. simply open the files with shrink. then click on reauthor. pick the main movie file. then open the second one and add just the main movie. you then have both on one dvd. click backup and there you go. like I said you loose the menu so this should be for your personal use and not traded.

russfuss420
2006-02-27, 11:15 AM
whats shrink?

GregY
2006-02-27, 11:17 AM
There are tutorials on how to do this at videohelp.com
The easiest way is using TMPGEnc DVD Author but that costs $$.
There are ways to do it using freeware utils also.

rhundley
2006-02-27, 12:20 PM
I was going to combine these discs also, but combined they are slightly too large to put on a dvd-5 w/no compression. If you still want to squeeze them on one disc, you can use dvd shrink, or 'combine multiple dvd titles' option in nero. after that, you'll have a new dvd w/both shows. to add menus try TMPGEnc trial version

killingfloorman
2006-03-07, 05:42 PM
I was going to combine these discs also, but combined they are slightly too large to put on a dvd-5 w/no compression. If you still want to squeeze them on one disc, you can use dvd shrink, or 'combine multiple dvd titles' option in nero. after that, you'll have a new dvd w/both shows. to add menus try TMPGEnc trial version

Could you tell me where the 'combine multiple dvd titles' option is in Nero? I'm new to the program. Thanks KFM

starman714
2006-03-08, 03:12 AM
If you're using Nero 6 w/ Smart Start, it's right here....just open smart start and move your cursor 5 icons down the row and this will show.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/starman714/nero.jpg

killingfloorman
2006-03-08, 10:24 AM
Thank you, i'll try it tonight. :thumbsup