PDA

View Full Version : Driver crashing

Chuffer
2006-02-23, 11:06 AM
I have been having problems with a driver crashing and my PC shutting down to prevent damage. This only happen when I am torrenting, and the D/L speeds go through the roof. But lately it has started to happen when I am seeding and U/L at a pretty good clip as well. So my question is, how can I fix the problem. Can I upgrade the driver, or replace or what? I have a Dell PC with windows XP. and I use bit torrent.

U2Lynne
2006-02-23, 11:12 AM
Have you tried capping your download speeds? I've heard of people having this problem before (with the PC crashing when their speeds get really high) and the way they fixed it was to cap their download speed. I know you can cap it in Azureus, I'm not sure about the other bittorrent applications.

TheMamba
2006-02-23, 11:57 AM
Which driver is crashing?

Chuffer
2006-02-23, 12:19 PM
I don't think you can cap U/L with bit torrent. But maybe I will look at azureus.

And I imagine it is my modem driver. But this is an eduated guess because when I get the error message it does not specify which driver. I should write down the script that displays when it fails next time to give you more information. But in the meantime....any suggestions? :)