PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Trading Loops

Shakes
2006-02-11, 01:58 PM
I've read up on the FAQ for doing a Loop here but I would like to ask a question.

If I were to send off a DVD containing 3 shows (audio) which doesn't reach the 4.7 GB limit, could I make that a multi-session disc? So when the 2nd person receives my disc, they'd add 3 more shows and send it off, and then when that disc gets full, whom ever person it's at would start a new disc and continue it. Would that be allowed or would it *kind of* defeat the purpose of it?

What I mean by kind of, is that obviously the 2nd person would get the shows but not a complete full disc of shows ... does any one understand what I'm saying here? :lol

Thanks every one.

Five
2006-02-11, 02:28 PM
the only thing that would make me hesitate is whether it would be possible for everybody in the loop to add tracks to the multisession disc on pc/mac/linux and also the added complication of what to do if the added files fail verification and need to be reburned.

thisistoto
2006-02-11, 03:13 PM
Yea I would not leave it open, its a good idea, but not all that reliable.

jcrab66
2006-02-11, 04:21 PM
there are no rules on Loops or anything else for that matter, the rules are set by the person who starts the loop when they start it. Just make sure you are very clear with what your wanting to do up front so that anyone who signs up knows exactly how its going to work...

Shakes
2006-02-11, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the input guys. When I get to a loop I'll just do standard practices of sending out a full disc of something. Thanks again!