PDA

View Full Version : question

inside'eye
2006-02-05, 07:09 PM
Checking through my profile attatchments I read next to every jpg attatchment a down load figure.
Is this the total number of times that someone has viewed the thread since posting an attatchment,or (more than likley) how many times the attatchment has been downloaded by a viewer?
If it is the latter,then I would like some removed.
thanks.

U2Lynne
2006-02-05, 07:29 PM
It's the number of times someone has downloaded that particular attachment.

inside'eye
2006-02-05, 08:41 PM
how can I remove the attatchments please?

inside'eye
2006-02-05, 09:02 PM
Never mind I worked it out.

U2Lynne
2006-02-05, 09:11 PM
Just don't delete any torrent files you have uploaded, please. :)

inside'eye
2006-02-06, 07:14 AM
:thumbsup

inside'eye
2006-02-06, 08:12 AM
Just don't delete any torrent files you have uploaded, please. :)
What do you mean exactly?
Is it letting you know, just in case?
or are we talking ratio explanations?

inside'eye
2006-02-06, 08:35 AM
"do not delete the torrent attatchments(or it will screw things up)"
yes I see it now.

So how would I do that?
To know what not to do?

How about my ratios?
I clicked on "contact us" with all my details, is this a 24/48hr process?,or will I be notified? or should I grow some patience and stop bothering you with silly questions? :D

U2Lynne
2006-02-06, 09:22 AM
Well, if you uploaded a show to the tracker and it is still active, when you look at your attachment list, some of them will be .torrent files. If you delete those from your attachment list, then they will disappear from the post and no one will be able to get the .torrent file or therefore download the show. I'd then have to find the torrent file in the torrent folder which isnt' that easy (the tracker just gives them numbers, not names) and then reattach it to the post and then run a query to make sure the new attachment knows which torrent it is so the tracker stats will update it. We essentially have a tracker and then some forum software and there were some things done to make sure the two worked together. However, you can still do certain things to one of them and screw up the other since they aren't *totally* integrated into each other's lives.