PDA

View Full Version : Azureus Green Smiley

freefallen
2006-01-25, 10:57 AM
Hiya, I'm totally lost on this subject so I hope someone can help.

I keep getting this guy :D, the green smiley on Azureus but no downloads. There are seeders (2) and peers (7), but my download and upload speed is 0 B/s.

I'm on a university local area connection. :\ I've bounded my local IP in Azureus and that's what switched me from yellow to green, but no downloads.

Help please? I'd be sooooo grateful.

greenheatherc
2006-01-25, 12:09 PM
Hiya, I'm totally lost on this subject so I hope someone can help.

I keep getting this guy :D, the green smiley on Azureus but no downloads. There are seeders (2) and peers (7), but my download and upload speed is 0 B/s.

I'm on a university local area connection. :\ I've bounded my local IP in Azureus and that's what switched me from yellow to green, but no downloads.

Help please? I'd be sooooo grateful.

Well the green smilie is a good thing....if you weren't seeing him then chances are that you have a NAT problem. Here is a list of potential reasons why you cannot connect to any seeds. http://azureus.aelitis.com/wiki/index.php/Not_connected_to_any_seeds

If I had to guess I would say that your university is probably behind a firewall, even if you have your firewall turned off. The two seeders that you see are probably also behind a firewall. Keep your window open. Maybe one of those 7 leechers won't be firewalled and you'll be able to connect to them.

gsmyth79
2006-01-25, 12:42 PM
Yeah I would say just leave your window open and you'll connect eventually.