PDA

View Full Version : sharing completed downloads

Slab
2006-01-23, 05:47 AM
hi, i completed my first ever BitTorrent download. The Who IOW 69.
how do i share with other people on this site who want to share this and any other file that i download?
thanks.

TheMamba
2006-01-23, 06:17 AM
Is it a show you completed here recently? If so, just reopen the torrent file and point it at the completed folder. It will check to make sure everything is there and then start seeding.

If you downloaded it elsewhere...I suggest you read through the Audio Bit Torrent Seeding Policy (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_rules) and make sure it conforms with our seeding rules.

Slab
2006-01-23, 06:56 AM
hi, yes i recently downloaded the show from this site. when i reopen the torrent file and point it at the completed folder can i still download other shows from this site as i am doing this, or does the BitTorrent only allow one stream at a time?
thanks.

TheMamba
2006-01-23, 07:52 AM
hi, yes i recently downloaded the show from this site. when i reopen the torrent file and point it at the completed folder can i still download other shows from this site as i am doing this, or does the BitTorrent only allow one stream at a time?
thanks.

You should be able to seed this show and download others at the same time. What program are you using? You will have to double check your settings to see how it is set up - sometimes the default setting only allows 2-3 torrents going at once...but this is easy to change.

Slab
2006-01-23, 03:44 PM
yes, its working fine, cheers.
nice to see someone else getting a copy of the Who show as we speak.