PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feed ?

bpurvis
2006-01-19, 05:36 PM
has the rss feed url changed ?
ive combed the site and i cant find any info on it.
seems like the first time i got the info i had to do the same thing and ended up asking for it anyways...
hopefully i didnt miss it in some obvious place....
:hmm: :confused: :wtf: :eek:

BP

(This seems upgrade related so i put it here...)

bpurvis
2006-01-20, 07:14 PM
The php page that creates the rss feed is just broken. there is (most likely) a missing character in the php code right after the </rss> tag and the last portion of the page is not getting rendered right, hence you can see the actual php code. a moderator needs to fix this.
i.e.
</item>
</channel>
</rss> "\t\t<dc:creator><![CDATA[" . $thread['postusername'] . "]]></dc:creator>\r\n";
echo "\t</item>\r\n";
break;
case 'RSS2':
echo "\r\n\t<item>\r\n";
echo "\t\t<title>$thread[title]</title>\r\n";
echo "\t\t<link>$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$thread[threadid]&amp;goto=newpost</link>\r\n";
echo "\t\t<pubDate>" . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', $thread['dateline']) . " GMT</pubDate>\r\n";
echo "\t\t<description><![CDATA[". htmlspecialchars_uni(fetch_trimmed_title(strip_bbcode($thread['preview'], false, true), $vboptions['threadpreview'])) ."]]></description>\r\n";
echo "\t\t<category domain=\"$vboptions[bburl]/forumdisplay.php?forumid=$thread[forumid]\"><![CDATA[" . htmlspecialchars_uni($thread['forumtitle']) . "]]></category>\r\n";

# this bit is obtuse
echo "\t\t<author><![CDATA[[email protected] (" . $thread['postusername'] . ")]]></author>\r\n";
echo "\t\t<guid isPermaLink=\"false\">$vboptions[bburl]/showthread.php?t=$thread[threadid]</guid>\r\n";
echo "\t</item>\r\n";
break;
}
}
}

switch($_REQUEST['type'])
{
case 'RSS1':
echo "</rdf:RDF>";
break;
default:
echo "</channel>\r\n";
echo "</rss>";
}
}

/*======================================================================*\
|| ####################################################################
|| # Downloaded: 15:50, Fri Jan 13th 2006
|| # CVS: $RCSfile: external.php,v $ - $Revision: 1.53.2.7 $
|| ####################################################################
\*======================================================================*/
?>

U2Lynne
2006-01-20, 07:26 PM
How is it now?

bpurvis
2006-01-20, 07:44 PM
looks good now. not sure why what you did worked. that end block is just a multiline comment in the /* ... */ tags. In fact what you described to me i would think would break the end of that multiline comment and in effect comment out the ?> declaration at the end and throw a parsing error. :hmm:

it looks more like there was something missing right...

</rss> [HERE] "\t\t<dc:creator><![CDATA["

but whatever works.

thanks !

U2Lynne
2006-01-20, 07:47 PM
I know. I have no idea why that works. The line looks exactly the same now as it did then. But, this is the third error I've had with this installation that was because of that one line.

StarslayerJo
2006-05-03, 12:29 AM
I know. I have no idea why that works. The line looks exactly the same now as it did then. But, this is the third error I've had with this installation that was because of that one line.

So there is or is not a RSS feed? If so, what's the link to use for a reader?

U2Lynne
2006-05-03, 10:05 AM
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=RSS&match=all&titlesonly=0

zosa
2006-06-28, 02:17 PM
RSS is cool...I guess I never realized you enabled this..thanks!