PDA

View Full Version : bitcomet

inside'eye
2006-01-09, 03:56 PM
just downloaded bitcomet.seems pretty good,port has swapped from 6881 to 12,000 and something,I think it will be better than azurues, but have kept it as back-up just incase. any hints,tips or recommendations to using this in any particular way? :thumbsup

Five
2006-01-09, 04:32 PM
I haven't tried bitcomet isn't that one that's banned at many sites because it like to mercilessly hammer trackers?

everybody's talking about utorrent, that's the next one I'm gonna try

inside'eye
2006-01-09, 05:33 PM
I hope your wrong. I thought bit lord that was the hammerer;?

LazyTaper
2006-01-09, 06:47 PM
They are the same thing. Bitlord is a direct copy of an old version of bitcomet.

Go with µTorrent

Five
2006-01-09, 06:53 PM
okay, I found what I was thinking of:

Wed 21st Dec, 2005

(00:01 GMT) For several reasons all clients of the BitComet/BitLord/BitSpirit families will not be allowed for usage with the DIME trackers anymore. Starting on December 24, 2005 announcement of BitComet/BitLord/BitSpirit clients will be rejected by DIME trackers. Starting on January 31, 2006 users with BitComet/BitLord/BitSpirit clients as their "last used client" will not be able to download any .torrent file from DIME. Such users will have to close the old account and open a new one to be able to download .torrent files again!

Sorry for the bad news, folks, but the developers of these clients choose to not respect private trackers (like DIME). Now, every private tracker will never more respect clients of the BitComet/BitLord/BitSpriti families. Go and get yourself a new client (µTorrent?).

so are they trying to say that BitComet/BitLord/BitSpirit all have the same engine inside or what?

Five
2006-01-09, 06:54 PM
They are the same thing. Bitlord is a direct copy of an old version of bitcomet.

Go with µTorrent
:clap:

thanks for the info

inside'eye
2006-01-11, 07:16 AM
bit torrent is gone utorrent is up,it's good simple easy and efficient.thx.