PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way To Convert The Dreaded Mp3 into WAV On MAC?

thisistoto
2005-12-25, 03:43 AM
Yea Yea I know I know, and I wont be trading them so keep ur panties on.

I just need some tunes for my 8 hour car ride.

So easiest way to go from mp3 > wav on a mac (and not using itunes)?

Much Gracias.

Merry Christmas.

AAR.oner
2005-12-25, 07:09 AM
audacity...open the mp3 file, go to File > Export as WAV ...

gsmyth79
2005-12-25, 08:52 AM
or just use the "burn as audio CD" option under preferences > burning. it automatically converts for you.

greenheatherc
2005-12-26, 10:13 AM
why not use the iTunes WAV encoder?? :hmm:

thisistoto
2005-12-26, 02:02 PM
becuase with itunes whenver i try it always ends up converting everything and just gets all fooked up.

thanks for the help graham and mamba, once again thanks for nothing heather :wave:

thisistoto
2005-12-27, 02:01 AM
or just use the "burn as audio CD" option under preferences > burning. it automatically converts for you.

using toast?

ffooky
2005-12-27, 07:32 AM
If you have Toast then just drag your FLAC/AAC/Vorbis/MP3 files into the Audio window, set all the gaps to 0 secs apart from the first (2 secs) and burn away.

gsmyth79
2005-12-28, 11:44 AM
using toast?
with iTunes

greenheatherc
2005-12-28, 12:33 PM
thanks for the help graham and mamba, once again thanks for nothing heather :wave:

just because you suck at the internet doesn't mean I wasn't helpful. Here are the step by step directions.

1. In your iTunes preference, under "advanced" find the import option and select WAV encoder.
2. In your iTunes library high-light the files you want to convert.
3. Select the "Advanced" option in your toolbar and select "Convert Selection to WAV" from the pull down menu.
4. Wait while it converts then you will see two copies of your files. One WAV and one MP3. (If you need to be sure which is which check your iTunes folder).
5. Make a new playlist titled "MP3s Rule My World" and move your files there.
6. Insert a blank CD and click on the little black and yellow burn icon.

DORK!! :p

gsmyth79
2005-12-28, 01:16 PM
what I'm saying is you don't need to convert your mp3s before burning the audio cd in itunes. just have "burn as audio cd" selected under preferences > burning and no matter what you have to start with it will come out playable in any player.

greenheatherc
2005-12-29, 09:17 AM
what I'm saying is you don't need to convert your mp3s before burning the audio cd in itunes. just have "burn as audio cd" selected under preferences > burning and no matter what you have to start with it will come out playable in any player.

well sure you can do that if you want to do it the easy way..... :rolleyes:

;) ;)

thisistoto
2005-12-29, 11:00 AM
yea iv just been using toast. Heather your way is nonsensical and crazy.