PDA

View Full Version : A question about 'snatches'

greenheatherc
2005-12-23, 06:19 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay...seriously. I think that this is an awesome feature but I was wondering:

1) What makes someone a snatcher? Is it the length of time you leave your window open after a download or your dl/ul ratio on the torrent?

2) I have a laptop which I use between home and work. If I disconnet at the end of the day will I be listed as a 'snatcher' and if so, will that go away when I re-open my window and resume seeding?

Just sort of curious. Thanks.

jcrab66
2005-12-23, 08:19 AM
i dont think all the bugs are worked out of the snatch thing yet...

saltman
2005-12-23, 09:33 AM
I think it's just the last people to complete. So when you finish you become a snatcher. After there are ten more completes you won't be in the list anymore. This would allow people to see the last ten people to complete to see if they're still seeding.... or if they bailed.

and if you don't know by now about snatches....... :lol just had to do it.

TheMamba
2005-12-23, 09:35 AM
I think it's just the last people to complete. So when you finish you become a snatcher. After there are ten more completes you won't be in the list anymore. This would allow people to see the last ten people to complete to see if they're still seeding.... or if they bailed.

You are correct, sir!

jcrab66
2005-12-23, 09:53 AM
yeah except it doesnt show everyone that was the last to complete so its not completely accurate...

greenheatherc
2005-12-23, 10:53 AM
Well then the feature isn't as cool as I thought. I thought that it listed all the people that hopped off without letting their ratio get to 1:1 or only left their window open for a short time after finishing the download. Sort of a way to call out leechers. So now even if I leave my window open forever and have a 10:1 ratio....I'll be listed as a snatcher the moment I close my window?

Not that I'm all that concerned about it. I just mainly wanted to start a thread about snatches.....hee hee. :lol ;) :lol

jcrab66
2005-12-23, 10:56 AM
Not that I'm all that concerned about it. I just mainly wanted to start a thread about snatches.....hee hee. :lol ;) :lol

perhaps you should of started a thread about your snatch in particular ? :lol

Spelunker
2005-12-23, 11:07 AM
You are correct, sir!
I still don't understand how that is supposed to keep ppl from not closing their window. It sounds to me like it is only going to keep the ppl who interact on the site ( I thought the share ratio already took care of that) from doing it. Wouldn't it be better if you take ppl's downloading privileges away for a couple days if their share ratio falls? To be honest.. i care more about my share ratio than if my name is on that list. Sometimes I hit and run and then make up for it when i can. :hmm:

greenheatherc
2005-12-23, 11:08 AM
perhaps you should of started a thread about your snatch in particular ? :lol

There's already plenty "heather clean out your box" threads. :lmao:

Spelunker
2005-12-23, 12:49 PM
You guys have way too many yes-men around here if you think this will work. :lol

Five
2005-12-23, 03:04 PM
this was something requested by some users who have seeded new dvds and had the first 5 ppl jump off right away, leaving the original seeder as the only seeder after expecting a little help.

if you want to jump off and come back to help later, this is to be expected because we all do that sometimes. but when the original seeder is working to get the first few ppl up to 100% and they bail right away that's a little different.