PDA

View Full Version : Upload vs Download rate

doberman
2005-12-13, 07:55 AM
I have uploaded almost double what I have downloaded now - but it's showing a .17 ratio. I am rather new here and the 1st day or so it would allow me to hook up with 2-3 torrents at a time - now it is only allowing 1 torrent to be open at a time. An explanation would be appreciated!!

Dan

fey-metallica
2005-12-13, 08:49 AM
I don't know about the number of torrents but your ratio might be like this because you still have your torrent client running. If you close it the stats may change.

doberman
2005-12-13, 09:19 AM
I have tried that as well - I just closed a torrent that I had left open for three days (after I completed it) my I uploaded like 6 times more than I downloaded on that one ( I used super seed mode) it is not giving me any credit for that and another torrent I left open like that - I just reopened a torrent that has not completed downloading and I see my rates are now changing - what appears to be happening is that when I am downloading and uploading at the same tiem, that's all that is being registered -so I'm also going to look like a leech here?? Maybe a technical person farmiliar with the code could answer??

Dan

doberman
2005-12-13, 09:45 AM
FYI I am using BitTorrent T.0.3.10 (BitTornado)

U2Lynne
2005-12-13, 09:52 AM
If you are uploading/downloading a torrent that was uploaded to the site prior to July 2, it will not change your stats at all. Those torrents are on the old tracker which doesn't keep track of stats.

doberman
2005-12-13, 10:00 AM
Well something is not right then because it is including it in my download stats but not my upload - the torrent is (Beatles xxxx-xx-xx Complete Ultra Rare Trax (FLAC) which was put up in April - so I guess as a newbie I should just upload and download the torrents after July - I must also being limited to having only 1 torrent at a time up or downloading because of my share ratio??

U2Lynne
2005-12-13, 10:21 AM
You are also connected to two other torrents that are on the new tracker. I would guess that one of those are what is making your stats update. And no, there is no limit on how many torrents you may upload/download at a time. You may have your bittorrent client set up to limit it, but are aren't limiting it here.

doberman
2005-12-13, 10:40 AM
It shows me as currently connected to TWO other torrents?? I am only connected to one at the moment - odd.

U2Lynne
2005-12-13, 10:51 AM
Take a look at your profile (click you username in this thread and go to View Public Profile) and then click on the Current Activity on Tracker and it shows you also on a Benevento Russo Duo DVD and a gov't mule DVD.

doberman
2005-12-13, 11:08 AM
I'm with you - thank you!

vai777
2006-03-17, 12:07 AM
thanks, this thread helps