PDA

View Full Version : burning pictures to dvd. help me<<<<<<

JDUB
2005-12-08, 04:47 PM
okay, i don't know if i can get some help here or not. this is the only place that i can get any tech support. i'm trying to burn some pics that i scanned onto a dvd that will play on my dvd player. this dvd will also play music. 3 songs long with about 200 pics.

i used my nero startsmart and used "make photo slide show [vcd]". i got it all ready to burn, loaded my blank dvd into the computer, previewd the dvd before i burned it. as it started to burn, it stopped and this message popped up.
"Sorry, your compilation cannot be written on this kind of disc. Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make them compatible with the current disc.

Note: You will not need to transcode again if you cancel the recording now, unless you change the product data afterwards."

anyone know what i'm doing wrong or is there an easier way to get the results that i'm needing.

please note that i have nero express 6.

saltman
2005-12-08, 05:06 PM
the problem is because vcd is mpg1. dvds are mpg2. you can either burn it onto a cd as a vcd or transcode it to mpg2 for dvd.

JDUB
2005-12-08, 05:34 PM
the problem is because vcd is mpg1. dvds are mpg2. you can either burn it onto a cd as a vcd or transcode it to mpg2 for dvd.

can either one play on a dvd player?

or how do i transcode it to mpg2 for dvd?
thank you.

JDUB
2005-12-09, 05:24 PM
can either one play on a dvd player?

or how do i transcode it to mpg2 for dvd?
thank you.

BUMP FOR SOME HELP :wave:

diggrd
2005-12-09, 06:41 PM
Lots of DVD players will play the vcd, just make that

JDUB
2005-12-09, 07:43 PM
Lots of DVD players will play the vcd, just make that

what function should i use for "vcd". i was trying to use the "make photo slide show [vcd]" and i tried to burn it with a blank cd and it would not burn all the way through either.

i haven't had the dvd burner very long and a lot of what i do is trial by error. i really appreciate all the help and kindness that this community has to offer.

diggrd
2005-12-10, 08:47 PM
Did it just quit? no error msg. or nothing That would be the correct method, as long as you were able to preview it should work beside the usual reasons for coasters... bad media, "buffer underrun etc.

yeltzin_4
2005-12-10, 11:27 PM
I'd recommend downloading the trial version of DVD-Lab PRO - http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html
It has an inbuilt slide show generator for DVD. Just import your JPG images, add a soundtrack and then burn to DVD. Pretty straight forward stuff...

saltman
2005-12-11, 01:48 PM
what format is the slideshow in? you should be able to open nero express and go to video/vcd click add files and add whatever files your slideshow produces. put in a blank cd then click burn.