PDA

View Full Version : speed issues

Bucket1982
2005-12-03, 04:53 AM
hi...I am kind of new here.

I performed a serch about my question, but I didn't found anything to resolve my problem.

I am downloading a concert(more specificated, a buckethead concert named BH2005-10-26.dvd5.dvdf )

the problem is that my speed from 0% to 70% was VERY fast (about 35kB/s - 40kB/s).after I completed 70% of the file, my speed decreaced (10kB/s - 20kB/s).from the peers list, I can see that there are about 7 to 10 seeders ALL the time, and 4-7 seeders have completed this file.

my connection is 384/128 so I gave an upload of 9 kB/s...any suggestions?

p.s.sorry for grammar mistakes...

edit...I saw something on the original post with this file...the peer list that has there it must say my name as a seeder?...what can I do about this?
and something last:what is the meaning of the red number next to a seeder?the port that I must open?

thank you and sorry for the bombing of questions...I found this forum VERY supportive and for the first time I saw EXCELLENT bootlegs... :lol: :lol:

rherron
2005-12-03, 07:25 AM
Probably something like this:

When you first started downloading the show you were the person with the least amount of data. You were downloading from everyone – the seeders as well as all of the leechers who had a percentage of the show. The download went fast. Eventually you “caught up” with the rest of the leechers and so you were then in the same boat as everyone else – just downloading from the seeders. Lets say there were 5 seeders and 15 leechers. When you started you were downloading from 20 people. Once you caught up with the rest of the leechers you were only downloading from 5 people. Make sense?

Rob

TheMamba
2005-12-03, 07:44 AM
and something last:what is the meaning of the red number next to a seeder?the port that I must open?

Red means you are firewalled and yes, that port needs to be opened.

Check out www.portforward.com for instructions and post back with any questions.

Bucket1982
2005-12-03, 11:53 AM
thank you VERY much...

I hope when I open this ports, my download will be faster and I can seed more people...

thanx again!!!