PDA

View Full Version : Im not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

phish61350
2005-11-11, 02:21 PM
I dont have a DVD burner and I downloaded a DVD thinking I could burn it to a data disc and take it to a computer that has a DVD burner and burn it that way. Is there anything I can do to still do this or did I just waste my time? Thanks for any info

onemanguitarband
2005-11-11, 03:59 PM
I doubt you could do it by buring it to data discs, unless it is possible to split the file. Most vobs are .99 gigs. I'd guess your best bet is to get a 1Gig+ USB memory stick, an external HD or buy a DVD burner (and yes, buying a DVD burner would be the cheapest option, unless you already have one of the others). Or take the DVD burner out of the one computer and stick it in the one that has the files.

phish61350
2005-11-11, 04:08 PM
I cant do any of that. Thanks for the info.

retired
2005-11-11, 04:32 PM
put in the ISO Video Bit Torrent link an ISO for someone in your area...if u're lucky, someone with a burner & an external HD or lap top to come by your place and put the files on their computer and burn it.

http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Category.asp?Category=10
u can get a Dual layer DVD burner from here for under $50...i think there may even be 1 for under $40...i gotta step it up and get 1 myself, but probably not till x-mas...good luck

brimstone
2005-11-12, 02:08 PM
You can pack the dvd into multiple rar archives and burn on CDRs.