PDA

View Full Version : Software for burning?

cicada
2018-02-20, 11:41 AM
I burn CD's and DVD's from time to time and I use BDR's (Blue Ray) for archiving. I started getting lots of coasters on my old burner with Nero. Now have a new burner. Of course, there is no software bundled. I have Windows 10 on one laptop and Windows 7 on another. Is there a burning program that is kept current - one that is fully-featured? Freeware or a version for pay is ok as long (as it doesn't cost too much).

painkiller
2018-02-20, 11:47 AM
http://www.imgburn.com/

Used this for years...great prog

cicada
2018-02-20, 09:19 PM
First time - no coaster. Will try some other functions later. Thanks for the quick reply painkiller!:worship::worship::worship:

MrGreenGenes
2018-03-11, 11:50 PM
What method/mode do you all use to archive cd's? I just learned how to burn audio cd's using ImgBurn and I'm considering using the audio discs as backups to what's on my external hard drive.

spidergawd
2018-03-13, 11:39 AM
What method/mode do you all use to archive cd's? I just learned how to burn audio cd's using ImgBurn and I'm considering using the audio discs as backups to what's on my external hard drive.

I rarely burn audio CDs anymore, since it typically takes 2-3 discs per show, and I usually listen to flac files from my phone when on the go, or pipe into the stereo's amp via SPDIF from the computer when home.

For anything I want to archive, I'll burn the flac files to data dvd. Can get several shows on a single disc. Haven't moved up to blu-ray burning yet.