PDA

View Full Version : backup question for video junkies...

sniker82
2005-10-25, 07:49 AM
i too am addicted to video torrenting....

I've been downloading flac/shn audio for years and i usually burn archive discs as a backup to the eventual audio discs.

My question: Do you guys just burn a data copy of the Video_TS folder as a backup? Do you backup at all? All this time put into pulling down these huge files, would seem wasted if my video encoder suddenly got screwy and bunked a vid or two.

just curiuos...

AAR.oner
2005-10-25, 09:30 AM
yeah, but you should backup the checksum and info text as well...

thisistoto
2005-10-25, 12:59 PM
Yea i always backup. If you lose or scratch the dvd is not like you can go out and buy it again...and if its from a torrents its not like an audio seed where it might take an hour or so.

You might want to burn the cover art with it as well if you have it.

showtaper
2005-10-27, 11:57 AM
i too am addicted to video torrenting....

I've been downloading flac/shn audio for years and i usually burn archive discs as a backup to the eventual audio discs.

My question: Do you guys just burn a data copy of the Video_TS folder as a backup? Do you backup at all? All this time put into pulling down these huge files, would seem wasted if my video encoder suddenly got screwy and bunked a vid or two.

just curiuos...

Yeah, I'm f*&^ing crazy, I back everything up as data - better error correction.

As I also don't know how long CDr and DVDr media will actually last (anyone
who claims to know this is either a foor or a liar), I dump everything I D/L
or receive in trade to analog (cassette or VHS/SVHS) as I have stuff on 30+
year old tape that still plays just fine............

u2rulesmyworld
2005-10-27, 12:17 PM
i dont back up anything

but i have lost a few disc to scratchs and have a few shows that play but wont copy

kidrocklive
2005-10-27, 12:35 PM
i don't back up anything, imo that would be way too many discs to back up :lol