PDA

View Full Version : How long do torrents stay on this tracker?

atreides
2017-08-12, 09:20 PM
I'm relatively new here.

I noticed there is an Inactive Torrents forum.

How long do torrents stay active here, before they are put in Inactive?

I could not find this information in the FAQ.

Thanks.

sonofedg
2017-08-12, 09:59 PM
When no one touches it for a given time frame . . .

atreides
2017-08-12, 10:26 PM
Is it a longer time frame than DIME, which I find to have a very SHORT time frame for deleting torrents?

dasmueller
2017-08-12, 10:55 PM
one can always PM the person who initiated the torrent or those who show as having downloaded and ask for a reseed

dorrcoq
2017-08-12, 11:29 PM
one can always PM the person who initiated the torrent or those who show as having downloaded and ask for a reseed

Man...I hate when people do that!:lol4:

Although even worse was the one who saw that I uploaded a Rolling Stones show and PM'd me to ask if I had 6 or 7 others he was looking for.:rolleyes:

mwonter
2017-08-14, 12:16 PM
Here's what I found recently on one of my older uploads here:
"This torrent has not had a seeder for over two weeks and will soon go Inactive."

So it seems there is an automatic function to when torrents get moved from active to inactive.

firemt66
2017-08-14, 06:28 PM

Although even worse was the one who saw that I uploaded a Rolling Stones show and PM'd me to ask if I had 6 or 7 others he was looking for.:rolleyes:

Yeah.. someone did that to me recently also about the Rolling Stones wonder if it's the same person

rspencer
2017-08-14, 11:22 PM
How long do torrents stay active here, before they are put in Inactive?

As mwonter posted, a warning is posted at 2 weeks. At 3 weeks of no seed, shows are moved to Inactive.

Shows get put into Inactive after they have had no seed for three weeks in a row.

One could. One can also post in ISO Audio Torrents (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19) and ISO Video Torrents (http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20). If the show is still on the tracker but not seeded, the best thing to do is to go ahead and grab the torrent and bump the thread by making a comment.

Jay
2017-08-15, 03:35 AM

Why do you hate it if you put it there originally?

dorrcoq
2017-08-15, 07:17 PM
Why do you hate it if you put it there originally?

Because by the time people ask for a reseed they have had ample time to grab it.

Not to mention that I am constantly uploading new stuff and it is a hassle to go back and dig up stuff for the Johnny-come-latelies. Plus it's amazing how many of these people have terrible ratios and a history of not leaving comments or thanks (and yes, I do check this stuff!).

So, basically if they want it they can search out someone else who downloaded the shows and get it from them.

dasmueller
2017-08-15, 07:28 PM
Because of the volume of things you have uploaded I can see your point. I also think that thank yous are paramount to give to those like you who are so generous. Sorry that this has been an issue for you. :thumbsup

sonofedg
2017-08-18, 11:15 PM
Old soldiers never die, they just fade away . . .