PDA

View Full Version : DVD Authouring c - Question for you guys opionons needed

wilson
2004-12-08, 12:30 AM
I am putting together some dvds from a festival.....

I have am leaning towards putting each artist on DVD even if there sets are only 45 minutes and in some cases just partials with 5 songs......

I hate to put groups together and with dvd blanks costing 49 cents its not a big deal to have everyone on there own dvd......

that my thoughts....what are yours

peace

RainDawg
2004-12-08, 07:23 AM
Sure....but what's the source? If this was recorded to analog media, this might be a blessing because you'll be able to fit LPCM uncompressed audio instead of the losst mp2, mp3, or aac that most DVDs use.

I say, one artist per disc with the highest possible video setting and uncompressed audio will make this a highly desirable set!

New Homebrew
2004-12-08, 11:44 AM
45 minutes is the perfect length for a 4.7GB dvd. You can use maximum audio and video bitrates, and have plenty of space left over for menu content.

wilson
2004-12-08, 03:44 PM
Sure....but what's the source? If this was recorded to analog media, this might be a blessing because you'll be able to fit LPCM uncompressed audio instead of the losst mp2, mp3, or aac that most DVDs use.

I say, one artist per disc with the highest possible video setting and uncompressed audio will make this a highly desirable set!

its all my mini dv masters