PDA

View Full Version : problems with embedded Youtube vids

Homebrew101
2017-05-16, 01:11 PM
I see some one else is experiencing the same thing I have been.

the youtube links in the threads don't work for me lately.
the windows are black and I can't get them to do anything.
is there a preference I can set or reset?
thanks for any help!

I never had problems before but now I just see a blackbox where the Youtube video should be. I'm using Internet Explorer 11.

dasmueller
2017-05-16, 02:47 PM
I quit using Internet Explorer about a year ago. To slow and quirky. I just tried it again and can see what HB and windy are talking about.

Now I use Chrome which has been quicker for me. The vids show there just fine. So there is a solution/workaround for you.

Homebrew101
2017-05-16, 03:25 PM
but but but I have to use IE at work! :D

dasmueller
2017-05-16, 03:45 PM
so use your smartphone :duh:

paddington
2017-05-16, 05:06 PM
The answer lies in the fact that Chrome has a native (built in) flash implementation.

IE uses the standard Flash install that the OS uses, so

It's possible the regular flash install is bad or corrupted. That would affect IE but chrome would work fine, with its own built in flash install.

So, uninstall Flash. Reboot. Google "Get Flash" and download a fresh copy from Adobe. Once installed, the test page should function and I bet the YouTube box here will work again in IE

Jay
2017-05-17, 03:42 AM
I quit using Internet Explorer about a year ago. To slow and quirky. I just tried it again and can see what HB and windy are talking about.

Now I use Chrome which has been quicker for me. The vids show there just fine. So there is a solution/workaround for you.

TOO slow.

Homebrew101
2017-05-17, 08:15 AM
The answer lies in the fact that Chrome has a native (built in) flash implementation.

IE uses the standard Flash install that the OS uses, so

It's possible the regular flash install is bad or corrupted. That would affect IE but chrome would work fine, with its own built in flash install.

So, uninstall Flash. Reboot. Google "Get Flash" and download a fresh copy from Adobe. Once installed, the test page should function and I bet the YouTube box here will work again in IE

Thanks but that did NOT work.

mr breeze
2017-05-17, 10:37 AM
yes, I unistalled and reinstalled adobe flash player and it still doesn't work for me, either.
I do use IE. I don't know why but it was working fine until about a week ago..
thanks for any help!

Uncle Samīs Army
2017-05-18, 05:01 AM
Use the Firefox!

Homebrew101
2017-05-18, 08:46 AM
yes, I unistalled and reinstalled adobe flash player and it still doesn't work for me, either.
I do use IE. I don't know why but it was working fine until about a week ago..
thanks for any help!

same here, until right about the time my PC did a huge Windows update last week