PDA

View Full Version : Private tracking?

Sandia
2017-04-30, 02:23 PM
Hey all,

What I am wanting to know is if this site has its own private tracker, meaning that if I upload a file on uTorrent, is my ISP gonna catch me? I've been busted several times so am extremely leery about what I upload. For instance, Anonymouse has a private tracker and I can seed to my heart's content. I cannot afford a VPN and the free ones are a joke that are nothing but advertising. Please advise.

Thanx!

Sandi :wave:

dasmueller
2017-04-30, 03:59 PM
Read through the FAQ above

Sandia
2017-04-30, 04:50 PM
Sorry, I read thru 4 different seeding FAQ's and none of these contained the info I was looking for

xjsb125
2017-05-01, 05:22 PM
So when you say you are afraid of being caught uploading, what is it you are afraid of being caught uploading?

Sandia
2017-05-03, 08:33 AM
I've been busted for movies mainly....I just don't want them coming after me for music. I've been able to do books fine, over on anonymouse, but like I said, they have a private tracker. I just want to know if this site works the same way for I would love to be able to seed stuff back. My puter is on 24/7 and I'm running uTorrent and I'd be more than happy to seed :D

dorrcoq
2017-05-03, 07:38 PM
Don't upload copywrited stuff and they won't come after you! Not too hard to figure out. And of course this site doesn't allow that kind of upload anyhow.

xjsb125
2017-05-03, 08:41 PM
I've been busted for movies mainly....I just don't want them coming after me for music. I've been able to do books fine, over on anonymouse, but like I said, they have a private tracker. I just want to know if this site works the same way for I would love to be able to seed stuff back. My puter is on 24/7 and I'm running uTorrent and I'd be more than happy to seed :D

In the FAQ's, as pointed out in the post above, it spells out that commercially available audio and video is prohibited on the tracker. As long as you adhere to the guidelines for seeding you shouldn't have any issues from your ISP. Of course there is absolutely no way we can guarantee that, but the likelihood of it is very low. If you have a data cap, you may want to monitor it, but otherwise nothing on the tracker here should draw red flags with ISP's. Hope that helps you out, and always feel free to ask or message one of the site admins if you are unsure about an upload.

Sandia
2017-05-04, 03:52 PM
Ok, I will go back and double check the FAQ's and make sure anything I seed is compliant and run it thru the admins like I'm supposed to. Thanx for the response; I don't upload cr stuff btw.....I DO know the difference :cool: