PDA

View Full Version : Flac Files - Organizing and Playback

rdijohn
2017-04-22, 10:41 AM
I confess to using iTunes for my music library for the convenience it offers. For example, I can load up my 160GB iPod with tons of music to listen to in my car.

I get the whole "Flac is better than mp3" concept, but how do I migrate to something comparably convenient and with comparable storage space?

To be clear, should I head now in the Flac direction:
(a) what music program should I use to organize the flac files (it sure won't be iTunes, will it?)
(b) what portable flac player offers me the most storage so I can transfer from my laptop to the portable for playback in my car? Neil Young's Pono music player is all this dummy knows about.

thanks for your suggestions!

dasmueller
2017-04-22, 11:03 AM
If you do a search-titles only for FLAC Player there are several threads on the topic

rdijohn
2017-04-22, 05:24 PM
Great tip. Thanks for the clue!

dasmueller
2017-04-22, 11:45 PM
:thumbsup

Scopitone
2017-04-24, 04:03 PM
If you convert your FLACs to AppleLossless format - foobar does it nicely, and as do some others softwares - then you get the best of both worlds.

You can keep your music lossless and still use the iTunes file structure you like.

Unidecker
2017-04-27, 01:54 PM
ewwww itunes is the failure of all HI END MUSICS

mdshrk1
2017-04-27, 02:41 PM
If you convert your FLACs to AppleLossless format - foobar does it nicely, and as do some others softwares - then you get the best of both worlds.

You can keep your music lossless and still use the iTunes file structure you like.

foobar will do it even if you don't convert it. :rockin:

Jay
2017-04-28, 12:35 AM
Foobar is excellent for this.