PDA

View Full Version : Will buying this usb cable help me transfer md?

parachutestx
2005-10-11, 03:45 PM
I went into Circut city not to long ago in search of a solution to my transfer problems and a worker directed me to this cable and this is for a sony mz-r70 recorder.

Belkin 5-pin mini-b hi-speedusb2.0 cable

Will this do the job or could anyone suggest a alternate?

Kush
2005-10-11, 04:08 PM
What kind of MD do you have and what kind of output does it have? You probably need to be more specific on certain info. Is your MD a sony mz-r70?

parachutestx
2005-10-11, 04:18 PM
Yes the recorder is a sony mz-r70 the minidisc that the concert was recorded on was a sony ES minidisc

now I know I can transfer via the headphone jack with a stereo cable but Its a bit more time consuming ans would like to know if it would work via usb If I need to provide a scan of the player I will :)

Teralus
2005-10-13, 04:19 AM
Your model of MD doesn't allow for transfer of MD recordings via USB, only recordings made on Hi-MD recorders can be copied over with USB. With all Pre Hi-MD units you have to copy with the digital input of your soundcard assuming you have one...or in the worst case copy it analogue via a mic in!!!

Five
2005-10-13, 09:36 AM
many MDs have digital in but not digital out (like mine). so check yer owners manual carefully for that.

also, if you do end up just using analogue, use the line out instead of the headphone jack and the line in on yer soundcard (not the mic in).

hope this helps