PDA

View Full Version : Yellow light using bittorrent with Ethernet vs. USB

blueskyy
2005-10-10, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know why or have a solution to the yellow light always being on when I switched from using the usb connection with the cable modem to ethernet? ethernet cable makes web pages come up faster for me and also there are other people working off of a wireless router that requires the ethernet setup. so, why this yellow light? i have tried using ethernet cable with and without the router and still get yellow light results with bittorrent. use usb, and bittorrent works how its supposed to. :hmm:

feralicious
2005-10-10, 11:20 PM
Hm, I know when I switch my connection I have to "tell" the router so the ports are going to the right place. I suspect you need to configure it. Though I don't know why you'd still have the problem if you don't go through the router. Do you have a firewall on your computer that needs to be reconfigured for that?
You can have a look at www.portforward.com and see if you can find an answer.

blueskyy
2005-10-10, 11:35 PM
Hm, I know when I switch my connection I have to "tell" the router so the ports are going to the right place. I suspect you need to configure it. Though I don't know why you'd still have the problem if you don't go through the router. Do you have a firewall on your computer that needs to be reconfigured for that?
You can have a look at www.portforward.com and see if you can find an answer.

thanks, I'm not sure but the router may have a built in firewall. that can probally be reconfigured though. thanks for lending a hand.