PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP trying to download zip format music files?

StPatrick
2016-10-28, 11:11 AM
Trying to send someone some music as zip files via wetransfer.com or dropbox. The problem is they are still using XP os and it seems that he can't download the files using either service. Is their a way I can send it to him? Either using a different service? Or if I send it as a different format/file type?

TomR
2016-10-28, 11:33 AM
Trying to send someone some music as zip files via wetransfer.com or dropbox. The problem is they are still using XP os and it seems that he can't download the files using either service. Is their a way I can send it to him? Either using a different service? Or if I send it as a different format/file type?

Dropbox no longer supports Windows XP
WeTransfer still works just fine.

StPatrick
2016-10-28, 12:02 PM
this is what he gets when trying to download from wetransfer.com

I cannot download the 2 files. The page/link from the download icon from the body of the email from the wetransfer email does not load correctly. This is what the page looks like when I click on the download link from the email:

You are using an outdated browser that WeTransfer no longer supports.

Things may not work properly, or even at all.

Please update your browser now. We recommend Google Chrome.
Downloader arrow
We're ready...
PMG 1988-02-20 Hambrug D2.zip
461 MB
Download
Downloader tick
Downloading
Your browser will now begin
downloading your file.
Okay
Terms and Conditions
To continue, you must agree to the WeTransfer Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Cookies
WeTransfer uses cookies for functional and analytical purposes. Please read our Cookie Policy for more information.
I agree
Skip
Menu
Drop it like it's hot

mwonter
2016-10-28, 12:15 PM
You could try filemail.com, as mentioned in the bottom of this thread:

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127857

IMO, this may be more of a browser issue than what file sharing service you are are using.

GRC
2016-10-28, 12:16 PM
So, is anything preventing him from downloading Google Chrome and moving on from there?

Or Firefox, or Opera, etc?

StPatrick
2016-10-28, 12:57 PM
I am starting to rethink it here and think the problem is with google chrome browser not playing nice with XP. I see opera browser could be an answer, is there any other browser right now that will work with and supported with/for XP?

dorrcoq
2016-10-28, 01:24 PM
It says plainly it's a browser issue, not an XP issue. Always possible some updated browsers might not work with XP, of course.

Audioarchivist
2016-10-28, 03:36 PM
Use Firefox. I have an XP system, and have recently downloaded files with it, on firefox and I can personally verify it works... Is he still using IE on XP? That is a bad idea...

GRC
2016-10-28, 03:45 PM
I use XP with Chrome, Firefox and Opera

They all work fine

StPatrick
2016-10-28, 05:45 PM
I use XP with Chrome, Firefox and Opera

They all work fine

He is using chrome with XP and he seems to not be able to download a zip file from wetransfer.com? He was able to download the app 7up from there site. So he is able to use and download some stuff from some sites using the chrome XP combo.

So are you saying you can download a zip file from wetransfer.com with no problems? Or do you know a site that he could download a zip file from?

TomR
2016-10-28, 07:21 PM
On one of my old machines I use FireFox on XP and WeTransfer works just fine.
The user may be the problem.

The firemail.com suggestion is excellent.