PDA

View Full Version : downloader help

dmbloco
2005-10-04, 07:37 PM
alright folks
i've browsed thru the threads here, and reviewed everything in the archive...here's my dilemma:
i went to check for updates on my downloader, torrentstorm, to discover it is no longer in development.
preferring to keep up to date to avoid possible conflicts later down the road, i need a new downloader.
i'm not looking for full reviews here, just a general concencus of what peeps are using.
thanks folks!
pe@ce

feralicious
2005-10-04, 08:22 PM
Azureus here.

Spelunker
2005-10-04, 08:56 PM
Azureus here.
Does that one make ppl who don't share, share?

ColinM
2005-10-04, 10:20 PM
I also use Azureus, but it's version 2.2.0.2. Not the newest one.

I can post a .rar of it if anyone wants it.

U2Lynne
2005-10-04, 10:33 PM
You can get it from the official site: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php (2.2.0.2 is near the bottom)

Also, check the software links in the FAQ and do a search here for "Bittorrent Client" or "Bittorrent Application". There have been a few threads here where people have discussed what they think is the best client to use.

jcrab66
2005-10-05, 01:58 AM
uh, i still use torrentstorm myself, I dont really see the need to change from something that I am very familiar with and has all the features i could possibly want from a BT client......

spiritinaphoto
2005-10-05, 02:04 AM
I also use Azureus, but it's version 2.2.0.2. Not the newest one.
Well, there's good reason to avoid the newer versions of Azureus--namely that Distributed Hash Table stuff they added for the 2.3.0.x versions. I really hope they consider getting rid of that feature in later versions, because I've yet to run across a torrent site that hasn't had harsh words for that DHT feature (or if not harsh words, at least haven't been embracing it with open arms).

ColinM
2005-10-05, 02:07 AM
Sarah is wise beyond her years!

:wave: :D

Five
2005-10-05, 11:19 AM
uh, i still use torrentstorm myself, I dont really see the need to change from something that I am very familiar with and has all the features i could possibly want from a BT client......
same here!

torrentstorm is no longer supported but still works great