PDA

View Full Version : Looking for someone to convert audio tapes!!!!!

erictrader
2016-10-02, 10:27 PM
please delete thread

dorrcoq
2016-10-03, 12:53 AM
Masters, or just stuff you traded for?

erictrader
2016-10-03, 06:57 PM
both, masters I recorded off FM and low gens I traded for
aud & sbds

dorrcoq
2016-10-03, 07:02 PM
Won't most of the low gens already have been transferred from the masters and torrented?

Jay
2016-10-04, 12:32 PM
Have you tried audacity?

dorrcoq
2016-10-04, 11:06 PM
Have you tried audacity?

Doesn't do him any good unless he has a working cassette deck that he can adjust the azimuth on.

erictrader
2016-10-04, 11:44 PM
I prefer someone who can fix levels, balance issues, etc.
boost treble, fix bass, etc.

dorrcoq
2016-10-05, 01:08 PM
Assuming you have a cassette deck to transfer them, you CAN do all of that yourself with Audacity. It isn't the best audio editing program...but it is free, so that makes it very popular.

erictrader
2016-10-05, 09:39 PM
I rather have someone with experience do it

dorrcoq
2016-10-05, 10:47 PM
I rather have someone with experience do it

Yeah, and how do you think we became experienced? It's not critical. Transfer the tape, and try various things. Not like you'll lose your original WAV file and not be able to start over if you don't like the initial results.

pmonk
2016-10-06, 05:17 PM
Sure, why not.

erictrader
2016-10-10, 07:25 PM
it takes a lot of time I don't currently have.
what bands would you be interested in converting?

GRC
2016-10-11, 09:30 AM
what bands would you be interested in converting?

Rather than ask others to name bands you don't have, why don't you tell us which bands you DO have?

I tried to tease this out of you in PM, but nothing.

GRC
2016-10-12, 05:47 AM
In case the last post wasn't clear, there's little point in anyone announcing they are willing to transfer Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Queen if you have nothing by those bands.

Surely it's more efficient for you to tell us what bands you do have?

GRC
2016-10-17, 06:48 PM
So, is that it? You still won't tell anyone which bands or shows you have?

Luke_of_Mass
2016-10-18, 01:55 PM
I am not great at sound quality engineering but if you are just looking for somebody with a tapedeck and time to burn on uncirculated stuff that's been hoarded, shoot me a PM.

archive50
2016-10-19, 03:29 PM
it takes a lot of time I don't currently have.

With all due respect, I see you want Audioarchivist to send you a bunch of VHS tapes, indicated in this thread.

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=127761&page=2

That would also certainly take time, which you indicate not having. What's the difference?

Just curious...

erictrader
2016-10-19, 05:38 PM
audio tapes take more time than vhs>dvd
:down:

GRC
2016-10-20, 08:19 AM
audio tapes take more time than vhs>dvd

A three-hour video tape takes three hours to transfer.

I can do three C60 audio cassettes in that time

Honestly, can't you just share a list of artists on these audio tapes, to let folks see if there's anything they're willing or able to deal with? You said in PM you could send pics of them, and I sent you my e-mail addy by PM two weeks ago. What's the difficulty here? Don't you want to communicate with those who offer to help?

erictrader
2016-10-20, 08:13 PM
whats your HUGE rush?

GRC
2016-10-21, 05:42 AM
whats your HUGE rush?

Assuming you're talking to me, I'd riposte with "Why are you so, so slow to respond?"

It's now 18 days since you asked for help, and I/we still have NO idea what material you have to be transferred.

However, I note you've amended the OP, so the matter is closed.

Audioarchivist
2016-10-21, 07:53 AM
Kind of scary that someone can miss the point so completely when they're asked a simple and totally logical question, hey?

I'm glad that I'm not in a big hurry to get rid of all those VHS tapes. I'm trying to figure out where they should go and who ought to get what of them. I guess this thread helped me figure out a little bit of that!

If you're asking for help, you should be specific. If you want someone to work on music, you should make sure that they're actually a fan, so they'll do a good job because they care about it. Are you hoping to just get a fan of technology who just enjoys doing tape transfers for free?

A properly authored DVD takes time. Even doing a "good" standalone transfer takes some time. I've done standalone transfers and going in and making proper track markers for each song and finalizing the editing takes some extra time. Then again, mastering a cassette properly takes me at least half a work week to do right. What's the big rush on doing transfers? Slow down and do them properly...

Why wouldn't you just disclose what you were looking to have done? It doesn't encourage me to trust you...

dorrcoq
2016-10-21, 09:23 PM
Come on, you guys - he's "busy" :rolleyes:

Audioarchivist
2016-10-22, 05:27 PM
Apparently, he's a bit of a jerk, too... He posted a nice message in my VHS giveaway thread...
FUCK YOU!:mad:
Thanks for pointing him out to me. I didn't catch that. I was getting close to giving him most of the tapes. Would have gone to a fool.....

mdshrk1
2016-10-22, 06:41 PM
Nice ratio too.....

Luke_of_Mass
2016-10-22, 10:24 PM
Nice ratio too.....

maybe all the shit he's leeching is eating up so much of his bandwidth that he can only make it back to this thread once or twice a week. This can't be the only site he's doing it on. With this in mind I'm deducing that he got cut off from DIME or a similarly ratio-restrictive site for being an uber-leecher, and now he needs to up original content in order to be reinstated as a downloader, but is possibly too lazy to learn how to do this himself or not willing to spend the money to buy a tape deck or quality cable to transfer from there to his sound card.

having all that been said, however, depending on which bands he's got, I'm still game for transferring some stuff :rolleyes:

GRC
2016-10-23, 04:00 AM
depending on which bands he's got, I'm still game for transferring some stuff

Good luck with that, I've been trying, here and in PM, to tease that ('which bands') out of him for a fortnight, with no results.

erictrader
2016-10-23, 11:31 AM
thanks to retired and archive50 smart ass comments:down: you wont be seeing any of my audio cassettes!, I have great masters & low gen uncirculated sbd stuff too, too bad you jerks!
a couple of losers half to ruin it for the TD community!

mdshrk1
2016-10-23, 11:52 AM
:roflol:

Luke_of_Mass
2016-10-23, 12:09 PM
thanks to retired and archive50 smart ass comments:down: you wont be seeing any of my audio cassettes!, I have great masters & low gen uncirculated sbd stuff too, too bad you jerks!

:goodpost:

Looks like we really screwed the pooch on this one ... I guess now the lucky folks at planet rock will have a chance to enjoy these uncirculated nickelback masters while the rest of us will have to spend many a sleepless night wondering what coulda been...

dorrcoq
2016-10-23, 01:26 PM
I'm absolutely heartbroken.:D Why not do everyone a favor and get the fuck off this site?

archive50
2016-10-23, 01:32 PM

Because I asked a legitimate question, it makes me a "loser" and a "jerk"?
I could care less about your audio cassettes and the material they contain. I collect video anyway plus I do not download.
Your general attitude regarding questions on the material you're offering sucks. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

GRC
2016-10-23, 02:01 PM
Because I asked a legitimate question, it makes me a "loser" and a "jerk"?
I could care less about your audio cassettes and the material they contain. I collect video anyway plus I do not download.
Your general attitude regarding questions on the material you're offering sucks. Apparently I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

Yup. This.

I concur.

archive50
2016-10-23, 02:33 PM
I note you've amended the OP, so the matter is closed.

Judging from the responses and tone of them, me thinks the post was "amended" to get out of the heated kitchen.
An observation. I don't really care.

Audioarchivist
2016-10-23, 04:29 PM
Okay guys, enough. I think we've made our point to buddy eric here. He made a mistake or two and we've called him on them. Hopefully he'll learn this time. He's tried this before, but again didn't disclose what he had...
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108572

NEXT TIME, POST A LIST.

retired
2016-10-24, 12:40 PM
both, masters I recorded off FM and low gens I traded for aud & sbds
Apparently he was the only one who ever thought about recording off the radio and the tapers who purportedly traded with him must have all destroyed their masters?

Yet another whiny bitch from Florida with such low self esteem he has to take his ball home crying because of comments on the intardnet.

How will the site ever last without eric's tapes? Satan forbid...the humanity.

Maybe one day you'll understand it's a f'n music site, not the cure for cancer. There's not more than a couple hundred people out of the 7+ billion on the planet who give a rats ass about any of this or your tapes. Till then, go fuck yourself and :stfu:

erictrader
2016-11-19, 01:18 PM
heres what I have:

fm recordings:

led zeppelin the final chapter radio special 5 tapes
jimi Hendrix sessions radio special 3 tapes
electromagnets with eric Johnson studio outtakes 1975
neil young farm aid 1994 & 1997
Woodstock 1994 live, collective soul, blind melon
queensryche rockline 1995
jimi Hendrix Stockholm 1967
jim Morrison paris 1971 poetry session
the eagles good day in hell radio special 1997 2 tapes
jimi Hendrix alternates live & demos 67-70
eric Clapton bbc, alt, outtakes, live 66-92
jaco pastorius & jimmy page lone star jam 1985

aud
roger waters Albany, ny 8/10/99
elp los angeles, ca 8/10/98
xyz demos 1981 squire & page
jimi Hendrix demos 1967 from reel
deep purple esberg 1994
yes Pittsburgh 6/24/98
pearl jam fort Lauderdale, fl 1996
black Sabbath Offenbach 11/23/87
pearl jam Columbia, md 9/23/96
page & plant Orlando, fl 3/7/95
genesis Frankfurt 4/3/75
acqua fragile Emilia Italy spring 75
eric Clapton Brendan byrne 5/8/92
yes London 6/29/91
soundgarden oslo 3/23/94
Kansas Laurence, ks 9/24/74
yes yale bowl 1972
black Sabbath west palm beach, fl 5/26/97
black Sabbath west palm beach, fl 5/27/99
jack bruce/ginger baker belly up tavern 1990
the who Kansas city, mo 12/1/75
steve morse new haven, ct 1990
page/plant buxton uk 1994
Robert plant LA Forum 1985
black crowes fort Lauderdale, fl 7/5/98

Jay
2016-11-21, 05:00 PM
Eric do you regret being a twat?

erictrader
2016-11-21, 07:17 PM
I am not......

Audioarchivist
2016-11-22, 12:56 AM
Eric do you regret being a twat?

I am not......

You can act like one without actually being one. Hopefully now you can tell the difference, because a lot of people noticed that you were there for a while, dude...

A lot of that stuff in that long awaited list looks pretty common - at least half of it I think is in trading circles already digitally. Unless they are major upgrades to existing sources they might not be worth it. Research is required...

My plate is full though, so it isn't gonna be me to do any of this!

sonofedg
2016-11-22, 07:11 PM
heres what I have:

That's It?

GRC
2016-11-27, 11:12 AM
I'm out.

erictrader
2016-12-01, 08:40 PM
a lot of cunts here

dorrcoq
2016-12-02, 03:10 AM
a lot of cunts here

Go fuck yourself. Do a little research - yeah, spend some of YOUR time - and I'll bet you will find most if not all of what you have already circulates digitally. Why would anyone else want to use THEIR time to transfer these just because you're too lazy or stupid to either do it yourself, or to search out the existing digital sources?:hmm:

Here, I checked one show at random, Black Sabbath 1987. Three etree collectors list it in FLAC and one has it on a CD.

http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=342438&show_users=true

I bet you will find similar for most of the others.

Audioarchivist
2016-12-02, 06:19 AM
a lot of cunts here

Yeah, YOU!!!

Dennis is absolutely right. Do your own research.

GRC
2016-12-03, 04:16 PM
a lot of cunts here

Yet you're the one with the 0.06 ratio ...

Hmmm