PDA

View Full Version : port forwarding

tarvol
2016-06-13, 10:28 AM
hello and thanks in advance for any help. i am trying to conduct port forwarding. att has been no help. i am using windows 10 for the OS and vuze for my client. i was on the phone with att for over 30 minutes and with online help for about the same. i went through all of the instructions, got a message that it was successful, but vuze did not come up in the list of allowed programs and here it says i am still firewalled. any clues? thanks again.

tarvol

MalFrie
2016-06-13, 06:04 PM
Sorry to hear your Troubles tarvol, unfortunately more and more Folk
(Me included )are having Horrible Issues with Windows 10!
I suggest you should look at some of other Win10 Questions
in the hope you can get your problem sorted!

TimJ
2016-06-13, 10:00 PM
hello and thanks in advance for any help. i am trying to conduct port forwarding. att has been no help. i am using windows 10 for the OS and vuze for my client. i was on the phone with att for over 30 minutes and with online help for about the same. i went through all of the instructions, got a message that it was successful, but vuze did not come up in the list of allowed programs and here it says i am still firewalled. any clues? thanks again.

tarvol

Why are you working with ATT? Are you on one of their routers in apt bldg or
something?
Is the router firewalled
Port forwarding is relatively straight forward process

If you want to shoot me a PM letting me know what equipment you are working with on the port forwarding I will try to assist, but the info you have given is too little to even begin to try and give you some assistance

DanielG
2016-06-17, 06:57 AM
Don't worry about port forwarding. You have a healthy ratio and it appears that you're able to upload successfully so just let it be firewalled.

TimJ
2016-06-18, 01:50 AM
It normally isn't necessary to portward to upload, just helps speeds sometimes
If in Apt with wireless or wired set up, there will be router that you likely cannot access
anyhow (unless the building runs it and manager lets you which can happen)

Ratio here not a big deal anyhow, nothing to worry about