PDA

View Full Version : "you may only download/leach 3 shows at a time"

robstreetman
2016-05-13, 06:19 AM
Hi...please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am only trying to download one torrent at the moment, and it won't download and when I look it says that I'm only allowed to d/l 3 shows at a time...but I'm only trying to d/l one, so...what's the deal?

Thanks for a great site and all the work you do to keep it up and running, by the way

Rob

Homebrew101
2016-05-13, 07:53 AM
Hi...please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I am only trying to download one torrent at the moment, and it won't download and when I look it says that I'm only allowed to d/l 3 shows at a time...but I'm only trying to d/l one, so...what's the deal?

Thanks for a great site and all the work you do to keep it up and running, by the way

Rob

That sounds like a setting in your torrent client, I don't think this site has a limit.

Check the settings in whatever program you are using, the others of the 3 are probably from another site?

dcbullet
2016-05-13, 10:04 AM
Unless we've changed it, our limit is 10. I agree it is probably a client setting.

robstreetman
2016-05-13, 05:04 PM
but it only seems to be this site...no problems d/ling from dime, demon, or other sites...just TTD...

hmmmmm....

Vindaloo
2016-05-14, 07:42 PM
I receive that same message if I start a 4th download. "Failure : Connection limit exceeded! You may only download/leech 3 shows at a time." It appears to be coming from the tracker, and not my client, since it's working fine with torrents from everywhere else. (Plus, it specifies "shows" in the error...) I usually don't have that many going at once anyway, but I figured I'd add some data to the conversation.

U2Lynne
2016-05-15, 05:54 PM
This is explained in the FAQ here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_connection_limit

Currently, the following is in affect:

downloaded less than 10 GB - may only download 4 shows at a time
less than 0.50 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 3 shows at a time
less than 0.60 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 4 shows at a time
less than 0.70 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 5 shows at a time

This is subject to change if we happen to notice people abusing the system. Also, if you register another username just to download more shows, you can be banned from the site.

robstreetman
2016-05-16, 02:52 PM
This is explained in the FAQ here - http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=bittorrent#faq_connection_limit

Currently, the following is in affect:

downloaded less than 10 GB - may only download 4 shows at a time
less than 0.50 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 3 shows at a time
less than 0.60 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 4 shows at a time
less than 0.70 ratio and downloaded over 10 GB- may only download 5 shows at a time

This is subject to change if we happen to notice people abusing the system. Also, if you register another username just to download more shows, you can be banned from the site.

yea...but I'm only trying to d/l one torrent...I don't understand...

mwonter
2016-05-16, 04:24 PM
You are being shown as a downloader on three torrents right now, and would appear to have many other shows "open" as well.

Click on your name, go to your profile, and see for yourself, look under the "Torrent Stats" tab.

robstreetman
2016-05-18, 04:46 AM
You are being shown as a downloader on three torrents right now, and would appear to have many other shows "open" as well.

Click on your name, go to your profile, and see for yourself, look under the "Torrent Stats" tab.

...well...I restarted my computer yesterday and it downloaded the three I was wanting...strange...I still don't know what/why it happened...