PDA

View Full Version : MAC > PC question

AAR.oner
2005-09-20, 01:48 PM
been working up some noob guides for Mac and PC users...ran into an issue...

transferred the Mac Word document to my PC to send to someone, but now all of the screenshots can't be viewed...get this error:

"QuickTime and a TIFF (LZW) decompressor are needed to view..."

i've searched just about every forum known to man, stll can't figure it out...anyone run into this before and know of a quick fix?

gsmyth79
2005-09-20, 02:00 PM
Maybe try saving it as a pdf?

AAR.oner
2005-09-20, 03:16 PM
thanks bro...i had considered that, but Word doesn't give me that option...i only have AcrobatViewer, and not the full prog, so i can't use Acrobat to convert

gsmyth79
2005-09-20, 04:40 PM
did you try print-> save as pdf? i don't know if you need the full version of acrobat for that or not.

RIAA
2005-09-20, 05:11 PM
Microsoft are too cheap to pay royalties to use LZW tiff compression on a PC. Use another format for the screen captures on the mac.

When you go to conferences and see big 'X's on the projection screen, you know someone got fucked by Gates for using a Mac.

AAR.oner
2005-09-20, 05:33 PM
did you try print-> save as pdf? i don't know if you need the full version of acrobat for that or not.
i don't have that option when i click Print > :hmm: maybe you need the full?

i shoulda prefaced all this by stating i'm using Word2000 and an older version of AcrReader...i've never updated due to slow connection speed/lack of interest in this crappy windows-machine :lol:

its not too big of a deal...more research online seems to indicate there isn't much you can do about...no plug-ins or codecs available...as he^ said, Gates just doesn't wanna pay royalites...oh well, it shouldn't be a problem since anyone using the tutorial will be on a Mac anyway

RIAA
2005-09-20, 06:05 PM
What version of OS X are you running? In 10.3, even with 'no printer selected' you should see a 'Save As PDF...' button at the button of the File>Print window. Not sure where it is in 10.4.

AAR.oner
2005-09-20, 07:02 PM
werd...i was attempting to change it in Word on the PC...didn't realize you could print to pdf on the mac...thats what i'll do...cheers!

RIAA
2005-09-20, 10:01 PM
werd...i was attempting to change it in Word on the PC...didn't realize you could print to pdf on the mac...thats what i'll do...cheers!

RIAA approves Macs.