PDA

View Full Version : How do I split a VOB file in half?

rherron
2005-09-13, 06:20 PM
Perhaps a tough one. I can’t figure it out at any rate.

I downloaded a DVD. The first half is an old TV show featuring The Smiths (The South Bank Show – British TV) and the second half is a concert video (at The Hacienda in Manchester in 1983). The video consists of 5 VOB files and accompanying IFO and BUP files. VOB file 3 is the last part of the TV show and the first part of the concert. The TV show is fine but the part with the concert is all screwed up. I have since gotten the concert footage elsewhere. I want to basically cut the VOB file in half and re-author the DVD menu and chapter points, etc. and create a new DVD of just the TV show. How can I do this? What software do I need to split a VOB file in half?

Thanks.

Rob

AAR.oner
2005-09-13, 06:51 PM
check videohelp.com or doom9.org, search "split .vob" or similar...i'm not very familiar with the PC programs [i'm assuming yer running windows].

fatoldpig
2005-09-13, 06:56 PM
check videohelp.com or doom9.org, search "split .vob" or similar...i'm not very familiar with the PC programs [i'm assuming yer running windows].you can use tmpgenc dvd author and cut the part you don't need (where you set the chapter mark)

saltman
2005-09-14, 10:58 AM
you can use tmpgenc dvd author and cut the part you don't need (where you set the chapter mark)

x2 you can also use DVD Lab Pro... both can use raw .vob