PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10?

JackDog
2015-06-01, 07:17 AM
Has anyone switched to Windows 10 yet? I've got an icon in my taskbar that says "Get Windows 10" but I'm not sure if I want to do it (I've read that the upgrade is free for all users of Windows 7 and 8 ). My main concern is that programs like Trader's Little Helper, r8brain, CDwave, and Audacity won't work with it so I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with 10.

TomR
2015-06-01, 09:11 AM
Microsoft has released to developers a Windows 10 build. If Trader's Little Helper, r8brain, CDwave, and Audacity test and make any needed changes to their products everything should be fine when Windows 10 is released this summer.

The RTM (release to manufacturers) of Windows 10 is eminent so that the hardware engineers can validate their products.

With Microsoft’s history of “every other” version of windows (Win 98 great/stable, Millennium dog, XP great/stable, Vista dog etc…) Windows 10 should be the next great/stable version.
Windows 10 will also be the last “Windows” operating system.

diggrd
2015-06-11, 11:23 PM
If you click that icon you only confirm your interest in W10 and MS will preload stuff so when 10 is released it will be mostly downloaded ahead of time. You will still pull the trigger on when the install happens. This modular update strategy is why they say last Windows it will be updated periodically without a new version or service pack.

CrisFletchr
2015-07-10, 03:04 AM
Windows 10 should be the next great/stable version.
I can not agree. As for me, Microsoft hurries a lot usually to release another new version to the detriment of its quality and stability.
Windows 10 will also be the last “Windows” operating system.
Why do you think so? What are premisses?

TimJ
2015-07-10, 08:18 AM
http://windowssecrets.com/

This is an outstanding newsletter, very good facts about windows in general
There are links to info about Windows 10, and also a line to prevent the automatic
download if you would prefer to wait and see if it "blows up"

Newsletter is free, at least top articles are, full access they ask for donation.
This is the one of the few "techie" newsletters I don't hesitate to "donate" to get full access too. Have always found their info to be straight up, and they have archive full
of good information/tips

(No, I don't work for them :D )

TomR
2015-07-10, 09:05 AM
I can not agree. As for me, Microsoft hurries a lot usually to release another new version to the detriment of its quality and stability.

Why do you think so? What are premisses?

Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be the last Windows Operating System at the developers conf.

bluorangefyre
2015-07-11, 12:19 AM
Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be the last Windows Operating System at the developers conf.

Conceding to Apple or are they gonna be stuck on Win10 forever like Mac OS X has been?

paddington
2015-07-11, 10:12 AM
Win X

the best key combo

TomR
2015-07-11, 11:21 AM
Conceding to Apple or are they gonna be stuck on Win10 forever like Mac OS X has been?

With the largest installed base of operating systems and the best gaming system in the world, I don’t think Microsoft has anything to worry about.

inmytaxi
2015-07-17, 06:28 AM
No major problems on my tablet/laptop combo with older programs. A few glitches is all but I prefer it to Windows 8.