PDA

View Full Version : Would this show violate rule 3?

Eyke
2015-05-23, 12:19 PM
3. No official or out-of-print material is allowed.
The only exception to this rule is FM broadcasts where a portion of a song has been released as part of a release promo or studio interview. Note that FM broadcasts where a complete officially released song is played are not allowed on our tracker.
Is this saying that, if I record an FM concert broadcast, I cannot seed this show? It's a bit lawyeristic, but I understand why. ;)

There was a FM broadcast via NPR music of a My Morning Jacket show which I captured on my hdd. (WYEP-FM > Emu PCIe > Diamond Cut Audio > 16/44.1 wav) Would I be able to seed this show or is it in violation of rule 3? I kinda think so, but I have a Linda Ronstat show that was recorded from FM, so I guess I'm OK?

Thanks ever so much for your help. I've gotten some nice shows here and want contribute once in a rare while.

:cheers:

rspencer
2015-05-23, 07:59 PM
FM-sourced recordings are fine (as would be the original broadcast source discs).
The rule is in regards, specifically, to radio shows that include officially released material (such as album tracks they are discussing). Of course, any officially released OOP material is also not allowed by this rule.