PDA

View Full Version : Problem uploading a torrent

OtherWeis
2015-01-29, 12:25 PM
This is my first torrent for quite a long time...
I uploaded everything seemingly satisfactorily, but when I went to download to start seeding, it wouldn't download. Am I saving the torrent file to the wrong location? Should it be inside the actual folder?

U2Lynne
2015-01-29, 01:02 PM
You may save your torrent file wherever you want. But, you need to make sure your torrent client is set-up to ask you where you want to save your torrent files (the ones you download) so that you can 'pick' the directory where your show is located. If you don't have it set to ask you where to put the show, then you need to put the show directory into your normal download folder so it can check the files and then seed.

OtherWeis
2015-01-29, 02:24 PM
I think I got it. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks!

U2Lynne
2015-01-29, 09:15 PM
If you still have problems, let us know what client you are using, and what problem you are having, and we can perhaps be more specific on what to do.

OtherWeis
2015-01-29, 09:48 PM
I am still having problems I created the torrent using Traders Little Helper, but I am using Bittorrent 7.7.3 to seed it. I downloaded the torrent, and pointed it to the proper folder, and there seemed to be some motion for a couple of second, but only got up to .6 kb/s before it flat-lined.

OtherWeis
2015-01-29, 10:13 PM
There is a definite issue. When I direct it to sae to the proper folder, nothing happens, and when I check the "Containing folder" it leads me to "My Documents", not the folder specified.

OtherWeis
2015-01-29, 10:17 PM
Problem seems to be solved. Boneheaded mistake.