PDA

View Full Version : slow or no access to ttd

mwonter
2015-01-05, 06:05 PM
Over the past 2 or 3 weeks, I have often had problems getting in here. often I'll only get in as far as a ttd page that says: "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later"

Sometimes, after a couple of retries, I get in. Sometimes after a half hour of retries, I don't. Sometimes, in fact most of the time, I get straight in without hitting the "too busy" message.

The only reason I mention this is that usually access here is rock solid and near instant. IMO, the best of any tracker I deal with.

I do note that near the bottom of the forum index page, it states that the most ever visitors to ttd was yesterday about this time, with over 1400 folks here. I wonder if that is related to the slow/no access issue.

daddyray
2015-01-05, 06:05 PM
yes I have as well

mdshrk1
2015-01-05, 06:24 PM
Same here.....even the stuff I was seeding were shut out....

dasmueller
2015-01-05, 07:13 PM
ditto

Lilraven
2015-01-06, 05:09 PM
Whatever it is that ELL has, must be contagious:rolleyes:

mr breeze
2015-01-06, 06:00 PM
:catfight:i wonder if a bunch of people got 'smart' tvs for christmas and are now cluttering up our bandwidths?

mdshrk1
2015-01-06, 06:43 PM
Not me. :nono:

dasmueller
2015-01-06, 11:16 PM
What's a smart TV ?

mr breeze
2015-01-06, 11:32 PM
a tv that you can use online but has a ridiculous cursor setup.

U2Lynne
2015-01-08, 12:18 AM
I don't want to say we had someone trying to DOS the server because I'm not sure that is exactly what is going on, but something was going on with some sketchy IPs bombarding the site (it's been happening for about the last 1.5 months). I tried to block them, but then there were new ones and so I had to block those also. Unfortunately, this happened again while I was traveling for the last few days and without wifi (I am one of the few that actually doesn't have a phone with any sort of web access - by choice!). I couldn't do anything until last night and I think it has been better since then. I've been trying to stay on top of it while it's happening but couldn't the last few days, sorry.

mwonter
2015-01-08, 12:40 AM
That makes sense, access has be good/normal last 36 hours or more

mdshrk1
2015-01-08, 05:54 AM
I don't want to say we had someone trying to DOS the server because I'm not sure that is exactly what is going on, but something was going on with some sketchy IPs bombarding the site (it's been happening for about the last 1.5 months). I tried to block them, but then there were new ones and so I had to block those also. Unfortunately, this happened again while I was traveling for the last few days and without wifi (I am one of the few that actually doesn't have a phone with any sort of web access - by choice!). I couldn't do anything until last night and I think it has been better since then. I've been trying to stay on top of it while it's happening but couldn't the last few days, sorry.

:clap: You the best! :clap:

dasmueller
2015-01-08, 08:02 AM

Thanks for your efforts and all you do !

I am one of the few wo a "smartphone" also. :D