PDA

View Full Version : DVD Shrink Problem

jcrab66
2005-08-31, 03:14 AM
Anyone ever get this problem. Everything was fine, I was ripping DVD's the next one I tried I got this error. What gives?

AAR.oner
2005-08-31, 05:39 AM
:hmm: never seen it...did ya try clearing the cache and restarting...i've had a few wierd errors before that this worked for...strange tho.

jcrab66
2005-08-31, 12:15 PM
no, i didnt try that, what do i have to do to clear the cache?

trojandomer
2005-08-31, 12:53 PM
could it have been using an old folder? maybe on a full hard drive when you thought it was going to rip it to a drive with space? I think I may have had that when the hard drive didn't have enough space for the whole image?

AAR.oner
2005-09-03, 09:28 AM
jcrab...ever get this working?

just got back in town...realized the "cache" thing was from a different program...if Shrink cache's, its just a temp cache and should clear itself when the program is exited/restarted...

jcrab66
2005-09-05, 06:07 PM
jcrab...ever get this working?

just got back in town...realized the "cache" thing was from a different program...if Shrink cache's, its just a temp cache and should clear itself when the program is exited/restarted...

no, i still havent figured it out yet

ffooky
2005-09-05, 06:17 PM
I have no idea if there's any relation but I've just had a VIDEO_TS folder that Toast refused to burn as either data or DVD-Video with the error "insufficient memory" or something similar. It turned out to be the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files that Toast objected to. I ran tocgen on the folder (minus those two files) to replace them and that sorted things out, though I lost a redundant menu.

joemc
2005-09-11, 09:14 AM
i have used dvd shrink for some time and never came up with that one, had a similar thing on nero and it was the space left on my h/drive at that time was low. deleted a few things and it worked, would guess the same here. :)