PDA

View Full Version : Sony PCM-R500 Digital Audio Recorder...

Still Learning
2014-12-14, 11:33 PM
Hi, I just picked up a Sony PCM-R500 recorder as a thrift store for $39. It looks like new, the drum hour meter states 835 hours. It looked too good to leave at the store. Now that I have it I have no idea how to integrate it into my system nor how to make use if it. Any ideas? :wtf:

AAR.oner
2014-12-15, 05:25 AM
Manual: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=PCMR500&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=manuals#/manualsTab

what are you trying to integrate it into -- home stereo system, recording studio, portable taping rig, .......?

at this point DAT is an outdated tech, DAT tapes are getting a bit tougher to find, etcetc...but $39 is a good deal, you'd be able to double yer money selling it on ebay i'd say

Still Learning
2014-12-15, 01:23 PM
Thank you for your reply and sharing your thoughts. I was trying to figure out how to integrate into home stereo system. Sounds like best move is to put it up for sale.

Cheers,
AC

GRC
2014-12-15, 01:26 PM
It's going to be more and more difficult to get tapes for it, so unless you have an existing stock that you want to play on it, it's difficult to see why you need it.

AAR.oner
2014-12-16, 06:21 AM
:thumbsup like GRC said, unless you have existing DAT tapes you wanna listen to w/o transferring, i really don't see much point in it

check ebay for prices, you'll have no problem making a few bucks off of it