PDA

View Full Version : Foobar Conversion Filenames

wazoo2u
2004-12-02, 08:56 PM
Can somebody explain to me the method that Foobar uses to name output files when you convert a file format ?

I seem to get appended number strings at the beginning of the file because Foobar takes the playlist number and appends it at the beginning. I'd like to be able to keep the original filenames and not edit after the fact. I'm sure it's simple, but Foobar uses all these "!$#@&^*()" freaking string characters that drive me crazy.... screenshots would be helpful, and a neat addition to TTD's growing FOOBAR FAQ :)

Five
2004-12-02, 09:32 PM
all I know is how to keep the file names the same by using this:

%_filename%

does anyone know some more or where to find the list? ssamadhi97, please help!

wazoo2u
2004-12-02, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I just saw that note in your tutorial post. I was gonna delete this, but since you answered...... Thanks.

RainDawg
2004-12-03, 07:23 AM
:)....yeah, you need to edit the filename string. I hate that it adds those number strings by default, but it's easily turend off.

RainDawg
2004-12-03, 07:27 AM
does anyone know some more or where to find the list? ssamadhi97, please help!
Yeah, I can help. There is a whole scripting lanugage for foobar2000 that you can name the files anything you want, complete with nested if statements and stuff if you want to get that complex :eek:. A lot of this will rely on properly tagged files, but there's quite a bit of nice stuff you can do with it with a little dedication to writing the scripts.

http://www.foobar2000.net/titleformat_help.html

Five
2004-12-03, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I can help. There is a whole scripting lanugage for foobar2000 that you can name the files anything you want, complete with nested if statements and stuff if you want to get that complex :eek:. A lot of this will rely on properly tagged files, but there's quite a bit of nice stuff you can do with it with a little dedication to writing the scripts.

http://www.foobar2000.net/titleformat_help.html
Nice! we gotta link this in the tutorial I did

RainDawg
2004-12-03, 02:04 PM
Go for it...add the link in wherever you see fit. That same file, with all the formatting strings, is also on your hard drive as the installer puts it there. If you go into the preferences dialog, and then edit the formatting strings, there is a small button on the bottom that says "help", which calls up the local version of this same document.

It's pretty intense once you get into it....