PDA

View Full Version : Torrents only produce "attachments"

mttbsh
2014-04-01, 07:06 PM
I have been uploading and downloading torrents from the Traders Den for years. Suddenly, when I click on a torrent to download it I get the following message:

"Do you want to open or save attachment.php from thetradersden.org?

Whether I click open or save, all I get is a (several kb) attachment. The torrent does not appear in Vuze for download as it always has :hmm:.

Any idea what the problem is? I sure would appreciate any thoughts on how to download more torrents!

Thanks do much!

Matt

U2Lynne
2014-04-01, 11:18 PM
Did you recently upgrade your torrent app? Or your PC? Check the settings there.

Jay
2014-04-02, 02:15 PM
Sounds like you have a virus.

Homebrew101
2014-04-02, 03:10 PM
I get that message when I download torrent files on my work pc with Vista but I always suspected that was because I don't have a torrent client on that machine so no file association with torrent files

dasmueller
2014-04-02, 07:15 PM
I have seen it once or twice. When initiating download try clicking on save rather than open, then click on open at the bottom of the screen. You may then get a dialogue box showing the files-click ok

dazed64
2014-04-02, 07:23 PM
Right click on the torrent file...save on your desktop and then drag it into your client,extra step but at least your up and running then...

juxtiphi
2014-04-02, 09:54 PM
Or you can set your browser to always open this file type. I have had the same problem and that fixed it. I use chrome or IE will do same. When it askes what program do you want to open it with point it at your torrent client's EXE

saltman
2014-04-07, 11:15 AM
sounds like the file associations aren't correct (or you don't have a torrent client). you need to associate your torrent client with the filetype.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-default-programs#1TC=windows-7